Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
'12 IN SG Gary Harris (Offer)

6'4" 170lbs, SG: Gary Harris
Fishers, Indiana
Hamilton Southeastern HS

Offer: No.
Other Offers: Illinois, Xavier, IUPUI

Rivals Bio: http://rivals.yahoo.com/washington/b...y-Harris-96679

He is getting heavy interest from Notre Dame as of late.

Last edited by BearcatAlum1; 02-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Most of this information is old, but I had previously posted it on another site and figured I would transfer the info to BearcatTalk.com.

Gary Harris - Fieldhouse Elite 2012 Air Indiana Up Tempo - One of a few 2012 names I'm going to throw out there. We hear so much about Smith-Rivera, Marrero, Patterson, Hollowell, and rightfully so as they're amazing young players. But there are others who are just coming into their own as sophs-to-be, one of which is Hamilton Southeastern's Harris. A 6'3 guard who is supremely athletic and can score and defend, Harris has a ton of potential. He is a bit passive at times and can phase out of games if not inspired, but he's shown several flashes of brilliance when I've seen him. Those flashes have begun to draw a crowd of D1 coaches, most notably prominent was Illinois head man Bruce Weber during the Hoosier Shootout.
http://p-hoops.blogspot.com/2009/07/...-aau-play.html

Hamilton Southeastern sophomore-to-be Gary Harris has received a scholarship offer from Xavier. The 6-3 Harris averaged nine points and four rebounds as freshman at HSE and is receiving interest from several other major Division I schools, including Cincinnati. http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...s-commits.html

Keeping all this in mind, he appears to be Purdue's to lose. He "supposedly" has close connections to the Purdue program and will commit upon receiving an offer. However, Purdue has not offered, so there is always a chance.

Last edited by BearcatAlum1; 02-11-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Class Of 2012 Hamilton (IN) Southeastern Star Gary Harris Enjoys His Unoffical Visit To The University Of Illinois : http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/garyharris.html

Cavan Walsh
February 15, 2010

Email Questions/Comments To brian@chicagohoops.com

Class of 2012 Hamilton Southeastern star Gary Harris enjoyed an unofficial visit to the campus of the University of Illinois over the weekend. Harris, who recently picked up a scholarship offer from Illinois, rates as one of the top Class of 2012 prospects in the state of Indiana.

Harris, a 6'4" shooting guard, is a player who has the ability to take over games on both ends of the floor. Harris is enjoying a strong junior year on the hardwood, and has led Hamilton Southeastern to a 15-3 mark on the season.

Harris has a long line of schools that are already actively showing interest. “I have been hearing from Michigan, Michigan State, Washington, Indiana, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Minnesota, Butler, and then I have offers from Illinois, Xavier, and IUPUI. I have visited all of those schools except for Washington and Minnesota. I’m going to visit Vanderbilt this upcoming weekend,” said Harris.

Harris greatly enjoyed his visit to Illinois. “I liked it a lot; it was the second game I’ve been to. I loved the atmosphere of the game. I like coaches and facilities a lot. Illinois is a great school, and it’s an easy drive,” said Harris.

Harris is looking forward to closing out the season strong. “I expect us to win conference and then we have one of the toughest sectionals in the state, but I can see us coming out of it like we did last year,” said Harris.

Harris, and his Hamilton Southeastern teammates will next be in action on Tuesday when they play Marquis Teague, and Indianapolis Pike.

No mention of Cincinnati in the mix. We had interest in the kid this past summer, but seems things might have fizzled out.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

2/18/10

Hamilton Southeastern sophomore Gary Harris has an unofficial visit lined up for Vanderbilt this weekend, for a game against Kentucky. Though Vanderbilt hasn't yet offered the 6-4 Harris, the Commodores are definitely in the picture. Harris said Michigan has also showed quite a bit of interest and his current scholarship offer list includes Illinois, IUPUI and Xavier.

Harris had 24 points in a 66-57 win over Pike on Tuesday, hitting 8-for-11 from the field and 6-for-7 from the free-throw line. He is averaging a team-leading 14.7 points a game, the lone underclassman starter among four seniors.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...y-notes-1.html

Once again, no mention of UC. We had shown interest in the this past summer, but no mention now.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

February 19, 2010:

Gary Harris couldn't ask for a better situation. The talented 6-4 Hamilton Southeastern sophomore has played two seasons on teams loaded with upperclassmen, allowing him to grow into his role without having overwhelming responsibility.

"He's one that just keeps getting better and better," Hamilton Southeastern coach Brian Satterfield said after Harris scored 24 points in a 66-57 win over Pike on Tuesday. "He's young but understands the game. He has good teammates around him and he's unselfish, like all the guys on our team. We feel like our five guys on the floor are capable of scoring or breaking down a defense."

Harris is the only non-senior in a starting lineup that also includes Zach Starr, Tyler Wheeler, Will Kleinrichert and Dzenan Mrkaljevic. Harris is the leading scorer (14.7 ppg), but Starr averages 12.1 and the other three contribute between six and seven points a game.

It has been a winning formula for the Royals, who captured their first sectional last season and are 15-3 this year.

"You always know there's going to be somebody on a given night who is going to step up when the game is on the line," Harris said. "One day it might be Zach, one day it might be Dzenan or Will or Tyler or one of the guys off the bench."

That's not to say Harris doesn't stand out. He said he recently picked up a scholarship offer from Illinois, adding to a list that includes IUPUI and Xavier.

Other schools are also interested in Harris, including Vanderbilt. He plans to make an unofficial visit there Saturday for a game against Kentucky.

"We're going down to campus to visit and see what it's like," Harris said. "We'll see what the atmosphere is like against Kentucky."

He said Michigan also has shown "quite a bit" of recent interest.

"I'm just trying to take it all in right now," Harris said. "You only get one shot for this, so I'm trying to make it last and make sure it's the right decision for me."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...arris-develops
Old 03-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Class Of 2012 Hamilton Southeastern Star Gary Harris Enjoys A Great Visit To The Campus Of Xavier University

Cavan Walsh
March 1, 2010

Class of 2012 Hamilton Southeastern star Gary Harris was on campus at Xavier over the weekend for their game against Richmond, and had a great visit. Harris rates as one of the top prospects in a loaded Indiana Class of 2012.

Harris greatly enjoyed his visit to Xavier. “It was really good. It was a great game against Richmond. After the game, they showed me around campus,and we talked about how great of a school it was. The visit was really great,” said Harris.

Harris can definitely see himself playing at Xavier. “Yeah of course I could see myself there. They have a great coaching staff, they are all like a family there, and it is a great school for education,” said Harris.

On the court, Harris is focused on the state tournament. “We are 17-3, and we are going to play in one of the toughest Sectionals in the state. We are trying to repeat as Sectionals champion, and be the first team to do so in our Sectional,” said Harris.

- HoopsIndiana.com
Old 04-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Now has a UC offer. Also has them from Illinois, Minnesota, Vanderbilt, and Xavier.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
A number of big-name coaches visited Hamilton Southeastern this month to evaluate Hamilton Southeastern sophomore Gary Harris, one of the top players in the state in the 2012 class.

Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin was at HSE on Wednesday and extended the 6-4 Harris an offer. His list now includes Illinois, IUPUI, Vanderbilt and Xavier.

"It's been pretty crazy," Harris said. "It's fun to have all those coaches here. I try not to let it effect me and just go out there and play."

Other than Cronin, among the head coaches in to see Harris before the dead period started today: Butler's Brad Stevens, Illinois' Bruce Weber, IUPUI's Ron Hunter, Michigan State's Tom Izzo, Notre Dame's Mike Brey, Ohio State's Thad Matta, Purdue's Matt Painter, Vanderbilt's Kevin Stallings and Xavier's Chris Mack.

Assistant coaches from Drake, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota and Western Kentucky also visited HSE.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...-picks-up.html
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
Bearcat
Epic Member

Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Man, Mick was about a mile away from me yesterday.
Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
"Indiana coach Tom Crean continues his quest to keep the best players in the Hoosier State home, offering Class of 2012 prospect Gary Harris of Hamilton Southeastern a scholarship. The wing also has offers from Xavier, Illinois, Minnesota, Cincinnati and IUPUI."

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote