Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'12 IN QB Gunner Kiel (Indiana Verbal)

Pro-style quarterback
Columbus, IN (East)

Ht:6'4"
Wt:190 lbs

Verbal offers from Indiana and Purdue.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Take it to the bank, Gunner Kiel (Columbus, Ind./East) will be one of the most sought after quarterback prospects in the Class of 2012. Yes, he's only a sophomore but that hasn't stopped Indiana, Iowa and Purdue from already offering the 6-foot-4, 205-pound, gunslinger a scholarship.

"I have the three scholarship offers right now," Kiel said. "Right now everything is just a feeling out process. I'm getting tons of mail and I'm completely open. I want to make sure that I give everyone a look. I feel lucky to be in this position right now."

While I was making the rounds last fall visiting high schools in Indiana, it seemed that every high school coach would mention the name Gunner Kiel. They raved about his arm-strength, his poise and his leadership ability. He's already being compared to former Hoosier prep stars Rex Grossman and Jeff George.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?...est_recruiting
Old 04-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

Was at a ND practice. Nephew of a former Irish qb Blair Kiel.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

From 10/09

This Kiel, standing 6-foot-4, was poised in the pocket and methodically picked the Cubs apart. East's first score came on a 28-yard pass to Shane Henderson less than three minutes into the game, and the pair hooked up again six minutes later on a 14-yard scoring pass.

Kiel hit Jackson Renshaw for a 33-yard touchdown and Henderson once more, this time for 40 yards, to give the Olympians a 27-0 halftime lead. Kiel added one more score in the third quarter when he found Renshaw for a 1-yard pass.

Overall, Kiel was 18-for-21 passing for 275 yards and five touchdowns. His only mistake came late in the second quarter when he overthrew a receiver and Madison's Zach Zehren, ironically his opposite number, picked off the pass.

"He's going to be good. He's got a lot of talent," Leasor said of Kiel. "He's very smart and I'm sure he's the kind of guy you would love to coach."

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?S...rticleID=53272
Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Gunner already reports verbal offers from Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin and Colorado. Receiving interest from ND, pOSU, U$C, UCLA, Cincinnati, Oregon, Northwestern, Tennessee and Nebraska. He will attend camps this summer at ND, Nebraska and Tennessee.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=20453
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Has received an offer from UC
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

With Maty Mauk visiting (and high) on ND this summer, that bodes well for UC. They can't take everyone, and they have quite a number at QB right now.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Has camped at Tenn and Mizzou.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:25 AM   #9
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Although not entirely necessary to pick up a QB in the 2012 class because of Munchie, Cody and Patrick in the 2010 and 2011 classes UC is in on so many good ones in 2012 you have to like their chances of landing one of them.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Has camped at Tenn and Mizzou.
Has visited Iowa, as well as been to the ND camp.