Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2014, 02:41 AM   #151
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
It's both. Very little movement in their offense. When you have such a talent gap you better not depend on isolations.
No it's not. They get shots that good players should make. They do not make them. It's a talent problem. Not a system one.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:18 AM   #152
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
No it's not. They get shots that good players should make. They do not make them. It's a talent problem. Not a system one.
OMG!!! Please don't tell me that you are arguing that Mick Cronin's offensive schemes create high percentage shots for our players? LH is 100% correct. The talent has never been here and Cronin's offense creates nothing for them as well. A blind squirrel will often find an acorn. When the opposing team's defense sucks and somehow an open shots miraculously happens, we rarely make it anyway. It's definitely a two-fold problem.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #153
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
OMG!!! Please don't tell me that you are arguing that Mick Cronin's offensive schemes create high percentage shots for our players? LH is 100% correct. The talent has never been here and Cronin's offense creates nothing for them as well. A blind squirrel will often find an acorn. When the opposing team's defense sucks and somehow an open shots miraculously happens, we rarely make it anyway. It's definitely a two-fold problem.
Im absolutely arguing that. Im not claiming he is some offensive savant but the system in place is more than adequate to score enough points to win. You also cant judge the system that well when the god damn players dont pass the ball where they have been coached to pass it. We have maybe one player who can make a freaking entry pass. Jermaine Sanders couldn't pass the ball to Shaquille O'Neal if he played for the cats in the post. I've said it before and I will say it again. The problem the bearcats have is not about the X's and O's it's about the Jimmy and Joe's.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #154
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Micks offense hasn't consistently gotten open looks since he has been here. And his defense hasn't consistently allowed them either. Get an offensive coach to help and adjust practice to accommodate more focus on offense. It's time to change....been a long time.

Although to be fair to mick, if he could get 1 great shooter out there on the court it would open up the floor and his offense might work. Problem is he hasn't been able to get any
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #155
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Not buying the "missing Cronin" impact. This is the same ugly team and effort that I watched one week ago losing to a team who couldn't beat Incarnate Word......with Cronin on the bench.

It absolutely is the worst shooting team ever, and that says a lot since Mick owns 6 or 7 of the next worst shooting teams ever.

At this point, Kevin Johnson should take a seat near the end of the bench with the walk-ons in my opinion. I can barely count on one hand anything good he has done this season.

Morman is absolutely on a far shorter leash than most of the other players. I too would put up with his ugly shooting to take the other parts of his game which are pretty solid. The team is slow and not that athletic, two things that Morman would help.

I've attended over 1100 home games in my life. I can't remember being dominated at home like that ever. This game and the Nebraska game are as bad as I've ever seen.
I saw some pretty good beatdowns in the 80's and I'm sure you did too. It's absolutely amazing you don't think losing Mick 90 minutes before that game didn't hurt. It was evident in the way the game was coached he was sorely missed. You sight the Nebraska game as proof but they played good defense in that game. Again, I AM NOT saying that is why they lost but it affected the game.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 12-21-2014 at 03:03 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #156
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
This team may be the worst or 2nd worst passing team Mick has ever had. How funny was it when Sanders had a 2 on 1 break and could have given it up for an easy layup but instead just put his head down and kept dribbling right into the VCU player and just threw up a contested shot? Fortunately he was fouled by VCU. But I was thinking how that play was a microcosm of the passing abilities of this team.
Play of game(year) was caupain not giving ball up to Shaq 2on1 for dunk.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #157
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Little bit of both. Stop running plays you've never even seen players execute in practice.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #158
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Im absolutely arguing that. Im not claiming he is some offensive savant but the system in place is more than adequate to score enough points to win. You also cant judge the system that well when the god damn players dont pass the ball where they have been coached to pass it. We have maybe one player who can make a freaking entry pass. Jermaine Sanders couldn't pass the ball to Shaquille O'Neal if he played for the cats in the post. I've said it before and I will say it again. The problem the bearcats have is not about the X's and O's it's about the Jimmy and Joe's.
They can't possibly practice passing. Passing can be fixed with film study.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #159
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Micks offense hasn't consistently gotten open looks since he has been here. And his defense hasn't consistently allowed them either. Get an offensive coach to help and adjust practice to accommodate more focus on offense. It's time to change....been a long time.

Although to be fair to mick, if he could get 1 great shooter out there on the court it would open up the floor and his offense might work. Problem is he hasn't been able to get any
I'll put new walk on in game before kj and Mormon to send message.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:43 PM   #160
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
I'll put new walk on in game before kj and Mormon to send message.
That's pretty extreme but I would love if that happened. I remember in the 2nd half when Morman got the ball in the corner, ad pulled up for a jumper that he air balled or hit the side of the backboard. Coach Davis yelled at him and told Morman not to shoot that and Morman looked away and shook his head completely ignoring what coach was saying to him. Then he proceeded to act like an immature pyscho when he couldn't inbound the ball. It was really disappointing to see.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote