Old 12-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
VCU

No line yet. I bet we'll be -3 or so. I will predict
UC 67
VCU 53
I think we can control the boards. We obviously need to limit TO, not just bc we are playing VCU but bc we are turnung it over a lot in general. Big games for Clark and Troy. I also hope we keep their AST/TO ratio out of whack. Last 2 games our opponents have 14 AST and 39 TO.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-19-2014 at 12:40 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I saw UC -1.5

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 12-19-2014 at 01:38 PM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
No line yet. I bet we'll be -3 or so. I will predict
UC 67
VCU 53
I think we can control the boards. We obviously need to limit TO, not just bc we are playing VCU but bc we are turnung it over a lot in general. Big games for Clark and Troy. I also hope we keep their AST/TO ratio out of whack. Last 2 games our opponents have 14 AST and 39 TO.
That's a pretty bold pick winning by 14, but i will take UC 71-VCU 65 with UC dragging it out with some clutch free throws at the end.

I'm hoping that Ellis can get it going again and become a beast down low
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
Bearcatmatt

Bearcatmatt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I saw UC -1.5
I'm picking UC by 5.

We shoot better at home than on the road. My only concern is VCU's press AND the fact that they have 3 guys who can shoot 3s at almost 40% or above. If we press, we have to find their shooters. San Diego had wide open looks but never could knock them down. We turn the ball over more than VCU, but we are better defensively (Cincinnati is #10 in scoring defense), we rebound more, and we get the line more often. We only turn the ball over 2 more times per game than VCU does, so if we can keep that margin I think we will win. VCU is not great offensively and in the few games I've watched them play, they have been sloppy with the ball. I fully expect this game to be close throughout.
Bearcatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #5
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Can't wait for this game should be fun. I know students are on break but I'm hoping for a rocking crowd, what are u guys expecting attendence wise?
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
Can't wait for this game should be fun. I know students are on break but I'm hoping for a rocking crowd, what are u guys expecting attendence wise?
I'm expecting better attendance numbers from regular folk since the game is on Saturday at noon and not at 9pm on a weekday. BUT I am not expecting as big of a crowd for students, because I know most of them have gone home already. I know a lot of my friends stayed until Wednesday just to see the game. That being said, I will definitely be there having a great time!
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
from espn: Cincinnati's win over San Diego State may not have been a marquee victory -- the Aztecs are too offensively woeful to grant such status at this point -- but it felt like an important one for a team supposedly decimated by departures in the offseason. Now the Bearcats get a chance to test their physical style (stingy defense and offensive rebounding, basically) against a VCU team that will look to exploit the Bearcats' 21.1 percent turnover rate. Expect run-outs, and lots of them.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Statsheet is cool for game previews and other fun stats. It's really a well put together website (of which I have no personal interest in promoting). They rank all the NCAA but you can tag the BearcatBall as a favorite page because it has tons of information.

Preview of VCU:

http://bearcatball.com/cincinnati-ba...7-3-square-off

Comparison VCU:

http://bearcatball.com/cincinnati-ba...a-commonwealth

Bearcat homepage:

http://bearcatball.com/

ENJOY!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #9
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
We have to win the turn over battle. We really need to try and not have so many turnovers and wasted offensive possessions. UC has been doing a much better job creating turnovers on defense and getting transition buckets.

I expected a really rowdy crowd. I think our boys will be ready for this. Listening to all the post SDSU talk from the coaches and players, they realize these non conference games are huge in terms of getting into the tourney.

I hope to see UC continue to grow and execute down the stretch. That SDSU game won't be much if we lay an egg tomorrow.

UC-57

VCU-53
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #10
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidecat View Post
from espn: Cincinnati's win over San Diego State may not have been a marquee victory -- the Aztecs are too offensively woeful to grant such status at this point -- but it felt like an important one for a team supposedly decimated by departures in the offseason. Now the Bearcats get a chance to test their physical style (stingy defense and offensive rebounding, basically) against a VCU team that will look to exploit the Bearcats' 21.1 percent turnover rate. Expect run-outs, and lots of them.
Not a marquee victory? They were ranked 19/17. I know ESPN only likes about four schools but I count it as a marquee win. We might not face another team ranked that high all year since our conference has gone to crap.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote