Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2016, 03:05 PM   #1541
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Should look great. Caupain has never been that good defensively.
classic L-T lol. Hopefully Caupain bullies him around a little and our eligible players shine. Ready to see Jenifer light it up!
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #1542
bearcatbacker82

bearcatbacker82 is on a distinguished road
http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ti-smu-houston

More previews. I personally don't feel that UCONNs backcourt is better than ours. But I also feel that caupain and Evans should start in the back court. Idk how ready Scott is to be a wing but if he can handle it and make a midrange jumper we should start this lineup. Johnson and Cumberland can be a huge difference if they can score 6-8 points as reserves. Brooks just needs to be able to keep Washington out of foul trouble. Anything Moore gives is icing on the cake.

Troy Caupain
Jacob Evans
Tre Scott
Gary Clark
Kyle Washington

Bench based on Playing time
Johnson
Cumberland
Jenifer
Brooks/Moore
bearcatbacker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:43 PM   #1543
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

I think if anything Cumberland would be in the starting lineup before Tre Scott, but it's most likely going to be Caupain, Johnson, Evans, Clark and Washington. If not KJ then Cumberland. Hope Scott can be that good though! We'll see...
Old 10-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #1544
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
I'll be there as well. Ready to see our new guys in action. Wonder what Broome will look like having Caupain guard him
Does anyone know if they will post the scrimmage on YouTube later? Really wanna watch JJ and Broome, but can't make it.

Last edited by ZCat; 10-21-2016 at 07:36 PM.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #1545
bearcatbacker82

Quote:
I think if anything Cumberland would be in the starting lineup before Tre Scott, but it's most likely going to be Caupain, Johnson, Evans, Clark and Washington. If not KJ then Cumberland. Hope Scott can be that good though! We'll see...
I like the length that would be on the court. The Defense would be incredible with the lineup but as far as scoring goes, Cumberland or Johnson might be the better option.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:24 PM   #1546
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...19_cincinnati/

This poster does really really good write ups about his top 50 teams each season. I haven't read this in its entirety yet, but I wanted to share it here.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:42 PM   #1547
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBask...19_cincinnati/

This poster does really really good write ups about his top 50 teams each season. I haven't read this in its entirety yet, but I wanted to share it here.
Thanks for sharing! They definitely knew more than the average national writer. I wonder where they get the majority of information to write all these?
Old 10-25-2016, 07:33 AM   #1548
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Well the season is right around the corner.

Starting 5 looks like

KJ
TC
Evans
Washington
Clark

KJ
Needs to improve his shot selection which should improve his shooting percentage. Take another step forward in cutting down his TO's and play lock down defense.

TC
Get to the rim more. improve his shooting % and be a much better perimeter defender. He takes care of the ball as well as anyone.

Evans
Take that next step which means consistency. Be the guy other teams have to account for. Improve his shot and let the game come to him. Everything I have heard is he is stronger and has improved defensively and is in the conversation of being our best defender. Hope he doesn't put to much pressure on himself and lets the game come to him.

Clark
Improve quickness, and perfect what he started last year. Improved range on his outside shot, add another post move to go with what he added last year and call for the ball when he has defender locked on his hip. Provide all league defense again. Stay healthy!!!

Washington
Let the game come to him. Don't force things. Play good defense and stay out of foul trouble. Use his agility to his advantage.

Bench:

Brooks
Be a rim protector and rebounder.

Moore
Stay within himself and play solid defense.

Scott
He is my guy to watch. Plays defense and boards. Big on offensive glass. Has a improved 15 footer and is very athletic.

JJ
Stay within himself and make the most of his opportunities. He needs to play to the strengths of his teammates. He also must guard. He can't lose his man and leave his teammates hanging. That causes foul trouble. Mick has said he is the most improved player on the team. If he can translate that to game action it will help tremendously.

Cumberland
Learn to guard. learn to guard. learn to guard. Let game come to him which was his rep in high school. Be a contributor and do what the team needs. if he does that he will earn his minutes. Don't put pressure on himself.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:58 AM   #1549
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thanks for sharing! They definitely knew more than the average national writer. I wonder where they get the majority of information to write all these?
No idea. Beleive it or not, he used to write longer, more detailed write-ups. He has mentioned he's cutting back due to other things needing more time in his life. Impressive stuff.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #1550
bearcatbacker82

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Well the season is right around the corner.

Starting 5 looks like

KJ
TC
Evans
Washington
Clark

KJ
Needs to improve his shot selection which should improve his shooting percentage. Take another step forward in cutting down his TO's and play lock down defense.

TC
Get to the rim more. improve his shooting % and be a much better perimeter defender. He takes care of the ball as well as anyone.

Evans
Take that next step which means consistency. Be the guy other teams have to account for. Improve his shot and let the game come to him. Everything I have heard is he is stronger and has improved defensively and is in the conversation of being our best defender. Hope he doesn't put to much pressure on himself and lets the game come to him.

Clark
Improve quickness, and perfect what he started last year. Improved range on his outside shot, add another post move to go with what he added last year and call for the ball when he has defender locked on his hip. Provide all league defense again. Stay healthy!!!

Washington
Let the game come to him. Don't force things. Play good defense and stay out of foul trouble. Use his agility to his advantage.

Bench:

Brooks
Be a rim protector and rebounder.

Moore
Stay within himself and play solid defense.

Scott
He is my guy to watch. Plays defense and boards. Big on offensive glass. Has a improved 15 footer and is very athletic.

JJ
Stay within himself and make the most of his opportunities. He needs to play to the strengths of his teammates. He also must guard. He can't lose his man and leave his teammates hanging. That causes foul trouble. Mick has said he is the most improved player on the team. If he can translate that to game action it will help tremendously.

Cumberland
Learn to guard. learn to guard. learn to guard. Let game come to him which was his rep in high school. Be a contributor and do what the team needs. if he does that he will earn his minutes. Don't put pressure on himself.
Your assessment of Scott is exactly why I think he should start. Now mind you I haven't seen him play yet so I could be totoally wrong but the idea I have is a sound one. Let him play wing more so for defense.
Have him guard the opposing wing/scorer so evans and Troy can save energy for scoring. I think it could work. Word is his passing is very good too

Last edited by bearcatbacker82; 10-25-2016 at 12:13 PM.