Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #541
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
I cannot wait to see Broome- Cumberland and K.Williams break down defenses this year, attack the basket at every opportunity and get other teams in foul trouble, We should not lose a home game. Man are there going to be a lot of dunks!!!
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #542
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
SMU at 5 seems kinda higher since losing Semi.

But I hope they are that good
Emelogu...
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 PM   #543
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Emelogu...
Lol
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #544
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
FWIW, Lunardi has a post-NBA draft decision Bracketology. Has the Bearcats as a 4 seed, SMU a 5 and WSU a 3.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
Linardi is the one preseason prediction I don't pay any attention to because he doesn't know basketball. His bracket predictions in March are just based off of numbers and trends, not how good a team is or might be.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #545
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
I cannot wait to see Broome- Cumberland and K.Williams break down defenses this year, attack the basket at every opportunity and get other teams in foul trouble, We should not lose a home game. Man are there going to be a lot of dunks!!!
We return our 3 top scorers. Cumberland was becoming one of our best players toward the end of last year. I remember hearing last year Cane was perhaps our best player (in certain aspects) from coach and several other pre season reports from people who watched first hand.

Return your top 3 and add to the starting lineup what could turn out to be your top 2 scorers is exciting to say the least!! It is quite possible that could happen but right now it's just speculation.

WSU returns all their best players which is great for them but they can only hope to be slightly better by virtue of players being one more year experienced. On the other hand when you consider we could POTENTIALLY add our top 2 scorers on top of our returning top 3 scorers...we could be in for a bust out.

I am absolutely stoked for this season!! I wish the season was starting tomorrow.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #546
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We return our 3 top scorers. Cumberland was becoming one of our best players toward the end of last year. I remember hearing last year Cane was perhaps our best player (in certain aspects) from coach and several other pre season reports from people who watched first hand.

Return your top 3 and add to the starting lineup what could turn out to be your top 2 scorers is exciting to say the least!! It is quite possible that could happen but right now it's just speculation.

WSU returns all their best players which is great for them but they can only hope to be slightly better by virtue of players being one more year experienced. On the other hand when you consider we could POTENTIALLY add our top 2 scorers on top of our returning top 3 scorers...we could be in for a bust out.

I am absolutely stoked for this season!! I wish the season was starting tomorrow.
For many teams it is easy to pick out who your top scorer is going to be. We have at least 4 possibilities for top scorer and if coach can light a fire under Gary we could have 5. They all have the POTENTIAL to score 15ppg although Gary would need some prodding. He's just a little to nice and selfless but I would love to see Gary get "mean" and assertive.

I definitely see us having 5 players averaging double digits and possibly as many as 12+ each. Obviously they can't all average 15 and it will depend on the dynamics on how it ends up shaking out.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #547
BearcatRip

BearcatRip is on a distinguished road
Looks like the Florida game is a done deal!!

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/ci...-forget-games/
BearcatRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:37 PM   #548
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatRip View Post
Looks like the Florida game is a done deal!!

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/ci...-forget-games/
I would think our OOC schedule is probably done now. Looks pretty solid. Hope we can win the majority of them
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #549
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Rothstein podcast was AAC preview. Had us 2nd and in a tier with just WSU.

-Evans and Clark 1st team
-Named Broome first for newcomers
-Named Cumberland first for most improved
-Named Williams first for Freshman
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #550
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Rothstein podcast was AAC preview. Had us 2nd and in a tier with just WSU.

-Evans and Clark 1st team
-Named Broome first for newcomers
-Named Cumberland first for most improved
-Named Williams first for Freshman
Pretty fair assessment. WSU is the only team in the AAC that returns more than we do even though I think we have the more talented squad.

I'm excited for how competitive the league is going to be compared to last year. Even teams expected to be at the bottom like Tulane and ECU return some good players.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote