Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 02-18-2016, 07:11 PM   #421
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I hate to say it but I have no excitement for baseball this year.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:13 PM   #422
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I hate to say it but I have no excitement for baseball this year.
Yea David it's going to be a tough year. I do like to see how the prospects will fare. Should see lots of young players at GABP.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #423
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Yea David it's going to be a tough year. I do like to see how the prospects will fare. Should see lots of young players at GABP.
Think Cody Reed will be up at some point this year? What about Peraza? Can he play CF?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #424
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Think Cody Reed will be up at some point this year? What about Peraza? Can he play CF?
Reed, Stephenson and a couple of other young hurlers got a shot at seeing some ML action. Peraza they say can play out there but I'm hoping this is the year Bily Hamilton gets it figured out and OBP around 320. If he can do that he'll steal 70-80 bases and catch everything that stays in the park. Peraza may start the year at Louisvile since they were unable to move Phillips and get some time at SS.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #425
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

The Reds should have youngsters at 3rd and LF. It will also be interesting to see how he trade market developes for Bruce. Phillips will also be a good follow since he turned down two trades over the winter. How will the Reds handle his playing time? While I don't think there is anyway they contend it will be interesting to see how they progress with the rebuild.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:01 PM   #426
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Reed, Stephenson and a couple of other young hurlers got a shot at seeing some ML action. Peraza they say can play out there but I'm hoping this is the year Bily Hamilton gets it figured out and OBP around 320. If he can do that he'll steal 70-80 bases and catch everything that stays in the park. Peraza may start the year at Louisvile since they were unable to move Phillips and get some time at SS.
Thanks for the info...I don't stay up on the Reds as much as I used to.

Couple more questions...

What's the plan with Duvall? Will Suarez start at 3B? Any chance we sign a veteran OF and use them as a placeholder for Winker and hope to trade them at the deadline? I know a ton of ML quality vets are still available.

Also, I'd like for Sampson, Lorenzen, and Cingrani to be permanently in the bullpen if possible.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:10 PM   #427
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Thanks for the info...I don't stay up on the Reds as much as I used to.

Couple more questions...

What's the plan with Duvall? Will Suarez start at 3B? Any chance we sign a veteran OF and use them as a placeholder for Winker and hope to trade them at the deadline? I know a ton of ML quality vets are still available.

Also, I'd like for Sampson, Lorenzen, and Cingrani to be permanently in the bullpen if possible.
I think Duvall has a shot at being a bat off the bench but he is a horrendous outfielder.

If Cozart is ready he'll start at SS but I think long term Suarez will be the SS with the Reds looking to fill the hole at 3rd somewhere else. Y-Rod and Winker our two young outfielders worth looking at. Y-Rod has to be on the roster or Reds lose him, Winker still has options and goes to AAA.

Eventually Lorenzen probably ends up in pen but he'll get another shot at the rotation first. Cingrani will be a lefty in pen. Just doesn't find the plate enough to start. Sampson won't make the team.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #428
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Bruce trade

Blue Jays and Reds in trade for Bruce???
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:20 PM   #429
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Blue Jays and Reds in trade for Bruce???
MLB Trade Rumors said the Angels are involved too. If the Reds are getting Dalton Pompey, I'm going to be very excited.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:22 PM   #430
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
MLB Trade Rumors said the Angels are involved too. If the Reds are getting Dalton Pompey, I'm going to be very excited.
No nm. Reds would be getting Angels prospects.