Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #231
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
I know, I just have pretty high hopes for this class so I was at least hoping for some Twitter posts about us talking to highly rated guys and such.

I am sure come this time next month we will get that.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #232
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I know, I just have pretty high hopes for this class so I was at least hoping for some Twitter posts about us talking to highly rated guys and such.

I am sure come this time next month we will get that.
looking at three for 18 class, right ?
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #233
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
looking at three for 18 class, right ?
Yes, and one being a PG for sure. I'd say a scoring big, and then a wing
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #234
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
looking at three for 18 class, right?
Probably, yes.

Washington, Quad, and Clark are graduating.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #235
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't mind a jitterbug PG, a combo guard, and a wing.

Brooks will be around, so will Scott, Nsoseme and Diarra. If we could get a 6'7" wing that could play small ball 4, that'd be awesome. Even if Scott turns into that, it'd be a luxury to have multiple guys who can switch everything. And Scott will be a JR then anyway.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #236
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

If we got someone like that Nassir Little guy, I could see us maybe going for combo guard over a big guy. If Williams is legit, he, Cumberland and Little Could play position-less 2-3-4 with guys like T Moore, Scott, and Diarra hopefully chipping in. And we'd still be 2 deep at C.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:54 AM   #237
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I wouldn't mind a jitterbug PG, a combo guard, and a wing.

Brooks will be around, so will Scott, Nsoseme and Diarra. If we could get a 6'7" wing that could play small ball 4, that'd be awesome. Even if Scott turns into that, it'd be a luxury to have multiple guys who can switch everything. And Scott will be a JR then anyway.
I know this season will tell us more, but I don't have much confidence in any of those bigs to be an offensive threat. Time has been limited with Brooks and Scott, but they haven't really even shown glimpses of being a reliable offensive big.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #238
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I know this season will tell us more, but I don't have much confidence in any of those bigs to be an offensive threat. Time has been limited with Brooks and Scott, but they haven't really even shown glimpses of being a reliable offensive big.
Brooks doesn't have to be an offensive big.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #239
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
We need one of Brooks or Scott to develop into a quality starter. They have the tools, but outside of Clark and Gates, it seems like all we ever get in freshman big men recruits are projects. I know talented big men are hard to come by, but I really hope we find an inside player who is ready to contribute with offensive skills in the 2018 class.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:28 PM   #240
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Brooks doesn't have to be an offensive big.
This is a tough call for me. We have had success in the past with defensive stoppers in the paint. Guys who mainly score on lobs and put backs etc. But looking back Huggs finished the season 9 times in the top 12 end of season AP and Cronin has finished 2 times in the top 25. This is based on sports reference info so not sure if it's accurate.

Huggs had

Blount (2)
Fortson (2)
Brannen (1)
Martin (2)
Little/Max (1)
Max/Hicks (1)

He reached #1 a couple times when he had Fortson and Martin. Our best finish in the NCAA was with Blount but it was a perfect storm for a draw.

Cronin had Jackson (sr yr) and Washington/Clark...and our best finish in the tourney was with Gates (sr yr) although didn't finish top 25.

This is telling me we can get by with a "non scoring" big but our best years are going to have the ability to score from the block. I have high hopes for Brooks but I would like to land a scoring big if we can.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote