bearcat81

bearcat81 is on a distinguished road
Starting 5 I think.

PG Broome
SG Cumberland
SF Evans
PF Clark
C Washington

That is a group that should be really good.
bearcat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 AM   #22
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
PG- Broome
SG- Cumberland
SF- Evans
PF- Clark
C- Washington

The bench: Jenifer, Keith Williams ( best recruit coming in), Brooks, Scott, Quad.
Possible redshirts: Trevor Moore, Eliel Nsoseme
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #23
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Biggest issue next year is going to be our OOC schedule. We have no one on our schedule, our preseason tourney sucks, and not many teams willing to play us with our returning players. If we don't get some games, we could be in the same spot next year with the seeding
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #24
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I think it will be us and uconn for the league next year. If semi comes back, SMU could be pretty good but they are losing their 2 seniors, which is a big loss. Ucf should be decent but don't think the league will be that different from this year. Maybe a slight improvement but still won't be great
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #25
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
I like the first 5, but I wonder who will be that scoring spark off the bench.
collards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 AM   #26
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Biggest issue next year is going to be our OOC schedule. We have no one on our schedule, our preseason tourney sucks, and not many teams willing to play us with our returning players. If we don't get some games, we could be in the same spot next year with the seeding
What and who with are we in a tourney next year?
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #27
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by collards View Post
Hopefully and should be Williams. Should be the role Cumberland had this year
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #28
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by collards View Post
I think Williams will surprise many of us. Could have a similar season that Evans and Cumberland have given us in their freshman years. Williams doesn't seem to be the shooter that they are, but can get to the rim and create his own shot.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #29
DCBearcat

DCBearcat is on a distinguished road
Hopes for next year and beyond (not sure how realistic they all are)

1) Tougher OOC scheduling

2) Continued improvements on offense. We know our D will be stellar.

3) Less whining by MC. I realize that the best coaches are outspoken. And most of the time I agree with him. But I don't think it helps our cause. A lot of my friends out here on the east coast know nothing about UC other than the fact that we have a coach that complains all the time. Let's win some games in March and then you can complain all you want.

4)Is it unrealistic to hope that some day we can regularly land 4-5 star players? I'm obviously not thinking we can load up like UK every year. But I feel that we've had a lot of great players but not yet one future NBA level star (I guess SK was as close as we've gotten). I feel like most of the teams that make a run in the tourney at least have one player like that on their team

Thoughts?
DCBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #30
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I appreciate everything our seniors have done and the effort they have given us for 4 years. Troy has been one of my favorite players and KJ has represented us well. However, next year will be the first time in 4 years where we won't be slow and methodical as opposed to fast and dynamic. I assume Broome will run point but even Jenifer will push tempo.

I don't think there is any way on Earth Cronin will be able to slow them down nor do I think he will want or attempt to. This will be the first year in Cronin's tenure where he will be forced to play guys who are all VERY good on the offensive side of the ball as opposed to guys who are good on D or a bottle neck on offense.

It will be a team that will be built for March success because we will have dynamic play makers on the perimeter. We can probably iso any of the 3 next year and expect a decent result. We will be solid on the interior once again.

We are picking up addition by subtraction. By many accounts our best player on the team hasn't played a single minute all year (Broome). Obviously Cumberland is going to be a HUGE step up at the 2 guard as well. No question in my mind...we will be significantly better.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote