Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the Bearcats this year?
30-31 10 26.32%
28-29 12 31.58%
26-27 13 34.21%
24-25 3 7.89%
23 or fewer 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2017, 07:13 AM   #21
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
We better win one of eggz or UCLA. I want 2-1 record vs them and UF. We have a stacked team. Main issue is no rim protector and Washington's D.
No rim protector? Clark, Brooks, Scott, Ellie (if he doesn't redshirting) even Evans can all alter or change shots. I think we will see more blocked shots than ever this season.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:44 AM   #22
jflight21

jflight21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
No rim protector? Clark, Brooks, Scott, Ellie (if he doesn't redshirting) even Evans can all alter or change shots. I think we will see more blocked shots than ever this season.
Yeah, UC is in the top 15 just about every year in blocked shots. Not sure why this year would be any different...
jflight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #23
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
We will lose 2 games in occ and 2 in conference
Win the aac tournament
Make it to the elite 8
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #24
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
I think the problem with the road games isnt the players it's the coaching and how we start the game you need to come out be aggressive and set the tone for the game and all we worry about is the defense of end you can't play like that on the road against ranked teams
Defense wins games on the road.

Most teams score more at home and less on the road. Its pretty much a trend in college basketball.

So knowing you will probably score less and they will hit shots they normally don't hit, don't you think you combat that with..... Defense.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #25
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
No bleeping way are we losing at Memhphis.
Generally I agree. But we've just not had great luck in @Memphis.

The last time we won there was in SK's senior year.

In 2015 we were 40 spots higher than them in KP and still lost by13, Then in 2016 we were 50 spots higher and lost by 4.

I think we are leaps and bounds better than them, but if we had to pick one game where they slip on the road, for me its Memphis..
Old 09-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #26
jflight21

jflight21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Generally I agree. But we've just not had great luck in @Memphis.

The last time we won there was in SK's senior year.

In 2015 we were 40 spots higher than them in KP and still lost by13, Then in 2016 we were 50 spots higher and lost by 4.

I think we are leaps and bounds better than them, but if we had to pick one game where they slip on the road, for me its Memphis..
Those Memphis teams actually had talent though. This Memphis squad will be in the 150ish range I imagine. They are going to be terrible.
jflight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #27
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
I believe this will be Mick's best team yet. My best guess is we end up somewhere between the 6-8 loss total and anywhere from a 5-8 seed in the NCAA's with a first weekend exit.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:47 PM   #28
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I believe this will be Mick's best team yet. My best guess is we end up somewhere between the 6-8 loss total and anywhere from a 5-8 seed in the NCAA's with a first weekend exit.
Love the optimism
Old 09-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
If we lose 7-8 games we probably aren't Cronin's best team. However, right now, I am not sure there will be a team in the country we can't beat with our versatility 1-5. We should have some of that great guard play that excels in March. We can also score from the paint (x2) and both our bigs can drain a 3 if necessary. We will play excellent D. There shouldn't bee too many matchups we can't deal with even if it's borderline criminal by the committee.

We will almost undoubtedly be under seeded by the committee and we may even face another under seeded team in the first weekend just for good measure. But it's time we let the committee know enough is enough and this is the team that will do it IMO.

If I am wrong...I will be happy to admit it...although maybe a bit jaded...lol!

Last edited by waterhead; 09-21-2017 at 01:35 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #30
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we lose 7-8 games we probably aren't Cronin's best team. However, right now, I am not sure there will be a team in the country we can't beat with our versatility 1-5. We should have some of that great guard play that excels in March. We can also score from the paint (x2) and both our bigs can drain a 3 if necessary. We will play excellent D. There shouldn't bee too many matchups we can't deal with even if it's borderline criminal by the committee.

We will almost undoubtedly be under seeded by the committee and we may even face another under seeded team in the first weekend just for good measure. But it's time we let the committee know enough is enough and this is the team that will do it IMO.

If I am wrong...I will be happy to admit it...although maybe a bit jaded...lol!

Don't forget the west coast. We will some how once again be the highest seeded team who also traveled the furthest.