jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Temple

Game is Friday night at 7 PM

We are +2.5

Temple 20
UC 28

We can do this! At ECU then close it out with UConn at home. 3 VERY winnable games. I'm not giving up yet. We need a nice crowd there Friday night to give us the edge. This game is SO important.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #2
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Finish strong and make a bowl game. It's doable and at this point should be an easy sell for motivating the team. Will give us fans a little hope that brighter days are ahead as well.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
cincyfan21

cincyfan21 is on a distinguished road
Not much talk about football these days... sad to see. What kind of crowd are we expecting to see tomorrow night? Temps are dropping and basketball starts. I'm assuming there will be a lot of open seats. I'm hitting both games tomorrow. Hoping fball can win out, get to a bowl, and provide some great momentum going into LF second season with a great recruiting class coming through.
cincyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Yeah was just looking at the schedule again. Obviously our team hasn't played very well all year. But we did have a pretty tough slate of games and even if we were a little better I still don't see us fairing to well in those. We are finally to the cupcakes, even though we are a cupcake too lol. Finally have some winnable game, and even better that 6-6 record is obtainable. Somethijng for these kids to actually play for and maybe that with lit a fire under their asses. I Would call 6-6 and a bowl game a clear success for fickel.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
cincyfan21

cincyfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Yeah was just looking at the schedule again. Obviously our team hasn't played very well all year. But we did have a pretty tough slate of games and even if we were a little better I still don't see us fairing to well in those. We are finally to the cupcakes, even though we are a cupcake too lol. Finally have some winnable game, and even better that 6-6 record is obtainable. Somethijng for these kids to actually play for and maybe that with lit a fire under their asses. I Would call 6-6 and a bowl game a clear success for fickel.
Agreed. Would definitely chalk that up to a successful season. Expectations weren't too high with the state of the program that TT left us... We have some impactful SRs leaving but the guys coming in next year can easily be immediate impact guys. We will miss guys like Minor, Cunningham, and Johnson, but guys like Vann, Whyle, Hicks, and Jackson could be a big part of next season success. Ja'Von Hicks has played like a man possessed for Colerain this year. Will be able to utilize him in ST at the least.
cincyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Yeah I don't see much of a loss of talent after this season. Like you said a few players here and there but the recruits coming in are looking pretty good. And yeah not much was expected this year and as long as we continue to move in the right direction I will be happy. Was a tough year to really get a feel for fickles in game coaching, we were just outmatch in a lot of our games. Next year hopefully that should be different. But as a recruiter I've been really happy with what I've seen so far and only expect it to get better.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:48 PM   #7
CHEER CINCY
Banned

CHEER CINCY is on a distinguished road
UC FOOTBALL IS BACK AT ROCK BOTTOM. First back to back losing seasons since the late 90’s. And....Hayden Moore is likely to be our starting QB next year. Yippeeeeeeeee!
Fickell has shown me nothing. He gets a hall pass this year but this could be tuberville pt 2 all over again.
CHEER CINCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:40 AM   #8
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEER CINCY View Post
UC FOOTBALL IS BACK AT ROCK BOTTOM. First back to back losing seasons since the late 90’s. And....Hayden Moore is likely to be our starting QB next year. Yippeeeeeeeee!
Fickell has shown me nothing. He gets a hall pass this year but this could be tuberville pt 2 all over again.
it was at rock bottom when Coach took over. That is why he was brought in. He has the no.1 recruiting class in the conference and is playing the hand he was dealt his season.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:39 AM   #9
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Couple of tough calls went against the cats early on seemed to shift the game. We are not a good team this year so we need every break we can get. Give it time.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #10
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
The targeting call made in the 1st half on UC was right in front of me. One of the worst calls I have ever seen in my 40 years of watching HC football. The ref reacted to the sound of the hit and nothing more. UC player hit the Temple player with his shoulder and hit the shoulder of the Temple player. The sound was shoulder pad to shoulder pad contact, nothing more. Good clean hit, nothing illegal about it at all. Terrible call.

Doesn’t seem like UC has been able to catch a break all season.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote