Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How will UC finish in the tournament?
1st Place 38 95.00%
2nd Place 2 5.00%
3rd Place 0 0%
4th Place or worse 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I bought the College Sports Live thing. Hopefully it works well.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #22
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I bought the College Sports Live thing. Hopefully it works well.
So this is for sure? Before I sign up I just wanna make sure it's definitely going to be broadcast on there... and 15.5, just put 50 on it. Should be an easy cover even if buffalo is better than we have faced before. 89-61
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:48 PM   #23
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
So this is for sure? Before I sign up I just wanna make sure it's definitely going to be broadcast on there... and 15.5, just put 50 on it. Should be an easy cover even if buffalo is better than we have faced before. 89-61
It shows the game vs Buffalo on upcoming events and there is a button to click "Watch".
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:25 PM   #24
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It shows the game vs Buffalo on upcoming events and there is a button to click "Watch".
Yea, I'll probably stream the first game of the Tourney at work, if it streams well Ill post my experience.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:37 PM   #25
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Yea, I'll probably stream the first game of the Tourney at work, if it streams well Ill post my experience.
While this sounds nice, I'm just gonna risk it haha. Would be more annoyed with myself for not paying the ten bucks and missing the game then I would be if I just ten bucks and it didn't work lol
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #26
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Season is just getting underway for me. First 3 games were of the exhibition variety. Anxious to see how we respond to trailing in a game or actually having to execute in tight situations. I like our talent but until I see it against some good competition call me skeptical. They did what they were supposed to do to weak teams now lets see how they compete against a bit better talent.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #27
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
While this sounds nice, I'm just gonna risk it haha. Would be more annoyed with myself for not paying the ten bucks and missing the game then I would be if I just ten bucks and it didn't work lol
first tournament game is at noon and i believe its free, the rest of the tournament you have to have a subscription for collegesportslive.

but for anybody wondering you should be able to test it with the noon, 2:30, and 5 pm games to make sure.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:46 AM   #28
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Season is just getting underway for me. First 3 games were of the exhibition variety. Anxious to see how we respond to trailing in a game or actually having to execute in tight situations. I like our talent but until I see it against some good competition call me skeptical. They did what they were supposed to do to weak teams now lets see how they compete against a bit better talent.
I am with you to some extent. I think we are a really good team, but I do not know for sure. I hope we get tested in this tournament. At least have a close enough game or two where we have to think about what we are doing. Maybe have to run a play or something
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:52 AM   #29
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I am with you to some extent. I think we are a really good team, but I do not know for sure. I hope we get tested in this tournament. At least have a close enough game or two where we have to think about what we are doing. Maybe have to run a play or something
I think we are a good team as well. Just want to validate it against some better completion is all. We need to grow and I'm not sure we did that against our first three opponents.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #30
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
The only skepticism I have is just how good we can be. In other words...the upside.

I feel like we have a good handle on the capabilities of 4 starters and 3 returning bench players. If we had to run with those 7 players I think we would be just as good as last year. Clark, Evans, Cumberland, Washington, Brooks, Jenifer, and Scott.

I think the low bar for Cane will be at least average giving us an 8 man rotation without the frosh. In the worst case scenario he gives us depth at two positions if we need to run with he and Justin on the floor to spell our wings. It may not be optimal I get that. I think the play of the frosh will just be bonus stuff. Best case is if we can get either Keith or Trevor (or both) to continue good play. Then Ellie keeps it going or Diara keeps improving (or both).

If we end up going to a 7 or 8 man rotation in big games...I think we can already run with what we know. I believe there is ONLY upside with the frosh and the potential of Cane.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote