Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #171
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would like to see a 25 to 15 split for Evans to Shaq.

Moore is not ready for close games.

I thought Jenifer would get a few more even in a close game.

Ellis was winded too much

I thought Cronin made a smart defensive move with KJ since Cobb was off tonight. It worked.
Cobb wasn't on tonight but I don't think he was 'off'. He only attempted 4 shots (2 3pt attempts) in 25 minutes of playing. SELA may have been focusing on him and leaving Troy a little more open.
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #172
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Tough to score many points when the other team plays 4 in 1 out and holds the ball until 3 seconds on the shot clock. Hope we never schedule them again, that was stupid to watch, that coach needs to be smacked. They were going to lose regardless, might as well not be pussies about it and play actual basketball.
I conquer
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:38 PM   #173
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would like to see a 25 to 15 split for Evans to Shaq.

Moore is not ready for close games.

I thought Jenifer would get a few more even in a close game.

Ellis was winded too much

I thought Cronin made a smart defensive move with KJ since Cobb was off tonight. It worked.
Jenifer went to the scorers table to check in at 9:48 of the second half but the clock didn't stop until almost 5:00 when a timeout was called, so the clock ate up a lot of his time. He hit the only shot he took in the game and had a turnover when Ellis dropped his pass out of bounds. As bad as some of the guards played, it would have been nice to see what he could have done. It was a poor game that Jenifer had very little to do with. Evans was about the only bright spot.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #174
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
He came right out anyway, it was just to give Caupain a very quick quick break. Irregardless, I think you are a little too obsessed with Jenifer as some others are with the whole Caupain/Jenifer comparison. Both are good, both play different styles, but one has more experience which is huge in college basketball if you aren't a top 10 recruit. Jenifer will get his opportunities and he'll have a damn good career here.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #175
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
He came right out anyway, it was just to give Caupain a very quick quick break. Irregardless, I think you are a little too obsessed with Jenifer as some others are with the whole Caupain/Jenifer comparison. Both are good, both play different styles, but one has more experience which is huge in college basketball if you aren't a top 10 recruit. Jenifer will get his opportunities and he'll have a damn good career here.
Not obsessed at all. I just know the value of a true point guard, which is something we've lacked for most of Mick's teams. I like Caupain, but more off the ball than running the offense. I guess we'll just see how this all plays out in the long run but I've seen nothing yet to change my opinion of Jenifer. I liked him the first day I saw him and for the most part he has performed extremely well. Tonight, he didn't get a chance, but for the few minutes he played, he did well.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #176
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
http://www.gobearcats.com/collegespo.../?media=515424

Post Game Press Conference
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:05 PM   #177
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Ive been a caupain guy but was still surprised jenifer only got 7 minutes. Shows Mick really trusts troy. I think jenifer should of got in during some of those scoring droughts. Troy had a couple 3s go in and out, 0 turnovers.
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #178
lmen

lmen is on a distinguished road
I blame the off game on Mick's jacket.

Bad Mojo
lmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #179
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmen View Post
I blame the off game on Mick's jacket.

Bad Mojo
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #180
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Not obsessed at all. I just know the value of a true point guard, which is something we've lacked for most of Mick's teams. I like Caupain, but more off the ball than running the offense. I guess we'll just see how this all plays out in the long run but I've seen nothing yet to change my opinion of Jenifer. I liked him the first day I saw him and for the most part he has performed extremely well. Tonight, he didn't get a chance, but for the few minutes he played, he did well.
Troy Caupain is a point guard. I have no idea why so many UC fans refuse to believe it. Him at the point and Farad at the shooting guard spot is by far our best line up. There is a reason those two lead the team in +/- rating for the season. If you want Troy off the ball more, then just let Farad handle it.

You got what you wanted in the Bowling Green game in the first half when Jenifer was on the floor for most of the half. The offense looked awful.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote