Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 15+ 10 30.30%
UC wins by 10-14 13 39.39%
UC wins by 1-9 8 24.24%
Temple wins 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2018, 10:58 PM   #91
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I haven't looked at the schedule that closely but the next 2 teams we play are really going to want a piece of us. We really derailed Temple with that win in their gym. They needed that one bad. And we humiliated Memphis. They have been up to the challenge since then.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:45 AM   #92
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
The same back up was on our team last year. And again Caupain led the team in minutes. I don't give a shit if we pressed or not. Evans doesn't either
We are top 5 in defense efficiency. Ranked in top 10. Have A 2 game lead in conference standing. On a 10 game winning streak and many believe this is our best offensive team in Cronin era. Id say his use of his players has been very effective.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:51 AM   #93
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
And Again, its about optimizing performance.

Does a player's performance drop the more minutes they play? Do you have a solid backup so you can keep your better player more effective?

we have a very solid backup who can hold down the fort.
justin all
you have to do is look at our results. Mick's use of his players is tied to team performance. 1st place. Top 10. Top 5 defense. Best offense since Cronin has been here.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:20 AM   #94
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
We are top 5 in defense efficiency. Ranked in top 10. Have A 2 game lead in conference standing. On a 10 game winning streak and many believe this is our best offensive team in Cronin era. Id say his use of his players has been very effective.
It's been a very good year so far!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #95
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@Dan_Hoard
Have a minute for @CoachCroninUC? In the #BearcatsVoice report: Tonight UC looks to extend the nation's longest home court winning streak against the last team to beat the 'Cats at home https://t.co/kI3xiN9OHD
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:59 AM   #96
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I haven't looked at the schedule that closely but the next 2 teams we play are really going to want a piece of us. We really derailed Temple with that win in their gym. They needed that one bad. And we humiliated Memphis. They have been up to the challenge since then.
We better have a game plan for that front line D they put against us. Really took us out of our offense. We had a hard time penetrating. As with UCF I would expect to see a little more of Cane in this one. I think he has a better chance at breaking through that wall to create some easier buckets. I guess he could also turn it over a little bit too. We gotta get in the paint somehow
Old 01-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #97
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We better have a game plan for that front line D they put against us. Really took us out of our offense. We had a hard time penetrating. As with UCF I would expect to see a little more of Cane in this one. I think he has a better chance at breaking through that wall to create some easier buckets. I guess he could also turn it over a little bit too. We gotta get in the paint somehow

if they try to guard us 35 feet from the rim again i have to think we'll be more prepared for it this time.

if we struggle again with their man on man stay right on top of your guy all possession defense its gonna be depressing to watch.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:33 AM   #98
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
if they try to guard us 35 feet from the rim again i have to think we'll be more prepared for it this time.

if we struggle again with their man on man stay right on top of your guy all possession defense its gonna be depressing to watch.
Yah that weave we were running wasn't working. need more downhill action...not side to side.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:25 AM   #99
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Facing Temple is never easy for us but last game we were on the road, Cane was unavailable and Cumberland was 0-6 from the field and 0-4 from the foul line. Can’t see a repeat of that performance at home.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #100
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Facing Temple is never easy for us but last game we were on the road, Cane was unavailable and Cumberland was 0-6 from the field and 0-4 from the foul line. Can’t see a repeat of that performance at home.
Agreed. I think we were a little flat in that last game (ECU) so I expect intensity to pick up as well.