Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who takes the last shot?
Broome 3 11.11%
Washington 2 7.41%
Clark 2 7.41%
Evans 11 40.74%
Cumberland 5 18.52%
Team effort 4 14.81%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2017, 03:11 PM   #41
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Broome. Either by creating for others or himself. He's the real deal. It's that simple.
based on conversations I have had and read by people who have seen him play I believe you to be correct.
I think Cumberland is also capable of that to a point.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #42
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
so nice to hear from you. Lol! I am a member of bearcat journal. There has been much talk concerning his abilities and what he has shown to this point. I am basing my opinion on people who have seen him play many times. To your point I would rather see him myself but I have not been afforded that opportunity. So sorry you find my comment completely ridiculous. Didn't mean to disappoint you.
No one has seen Cane Broome play a real game against real competition in a Bearcats uniform. Anything that is being written or spoken about him at this point is purely speculation.

His numbers at Sacred Heart were strong, but they dipped significantly against the handful of better level opponents they played. Now that he's a couple years removed will he be better because he's grown older? Will he be rusty because he hasn't played in a real game in over a year? Will he struggle to adapt to Mick's system and style of play? Will he excel early on and become the leader of our team??

No one knows the answers to any of these questions, not even the "fine folks" at Bearcatjournal.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #43
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
No one has seen Cane Broome play a real game against real competition in a Bearcats uniform. Anything that is being written or spoken about him at this point is purely speculation.

His numbers at Sacred Heart were strong, but they dipped significantly against the handful of better level opponents they played. Now that he's a couple years removed will he be better because he's grown older? Will he be rusty because he hasn't played in a real game in over a year? Will he struggle to adapt to Mick's system and style of play? Will he excel early on and become the leader of our team??

No one knows the answers to any of these questions, not even the "fine folks" at Bearcatjournal.
your certainly entitled to your opinion. You may be underestimating the ability of the folks at bearcatjournal. The constantly evaluate players and have seen him play many times. Again your entitled to your opinion. Far from me to call it completely ridiculous. Time will tell.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #44
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

I'm also basing my opinion on what I haven't seen from the other players on the roster.

Cumberland has some ability to do the things I mentioned in my earlier post but I really would like to see how a year in the conditioning program has improved his athleticism. He did show flashes last year.

Evans can shoot but has difficulty creating his shot.

Clark is not the type of player your going to clear a side for and say make a play with the game on the line. I want him crashing the board.

Washington has some post moves but his ability to share the ball is concerning.

The rest of the team at this point I really can't include in the conversation.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:40 PM   #45
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
On paper Jacobs has to be the guy at the end of games . He has the handles -the hops- the strength- the size- the experience and most importantly the offensive arsenal. Trouble is there are a lot of intangibles involved and does he want to be that guy that is the reason you won the game or (lost). there are players that thrive on that and players that don't. I want Jacobs to be that guy but only time will tell.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #46
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
On paper Jacobs has to be the guy at the end of games . He has the handles -the hops- the strength- the size- the experience and most importantly the offensive arsenal. Trouble is there are a lot of intangibles involved and does he want to be that guy that is the reason you won the game or (lost). there are players that thrive on that and players that don't. I want Jacobs to be that guy but only time will tell.
I would love Evans to add that to his game but I just don't think he has the handles to get that done at the level I would like him to be.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #47
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I would love Evans to add that to his game but I just don't think he has the handles to get that done at the level I would like him to be.
The handles? Are you watching the same player I am? If you want to question if he has the mindset to be that guy, fine. To argue he doesn't have the handles is way off in my opinion.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:24 PM   #48
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
The handles? Are you watching the same player I am? If you want to question if he has the mindset to be that guy, fine. To argue he doesn't have the handles is way off in my opinion.
Yeah I was going to say that too. He had a jumper vs SMU where he stepped back off of a behind the back dribble. It was beautiful. I'll never question his ball handling. If anything, he is guilty of the Shaq Thomas over-dribbling.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 06:09 PM   #49
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Guys I don't know he just doesn't seem to have the ability to take a guy off the bounce. Maybe its confidence but he just doesn't get fouled enough or get to the rim enough.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:20 PM   #50
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Guys I don't know he just doesn't seem to have the ability to take a guy off the bounce. Maybe its confidence but he just doesn't get fouled enough or get to the rim enough.
That's different than not having handles. Jake is slick with the ball but he has not shown that he wants to drive and get fouled. That's the next step in the evolution of his game.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote