Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-21-2018, 09:37 AM   #631
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
What makes you think he'd do anything different? He coaches how he knows how to coach. This year we had 4 1,000 point scorers + Cumberland. That's as much talent in the college game as you can have honestly.
With all that scoring going on and all the rebounding and defense how did we lose? sounds like we had a bunch of guys putting the ball in the basket. Not bad for not having a offense.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #632
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Our coach is far from perfect no doubt but his methods produce. Maybe not at the level some would like or expect but his teams win. I suspect that if he was able to land the kind of kids Cal does his coaching methods may be different.
We didn't get beat by KY we got beat by Nevada. A team that had some pretty good clutch players and a coach who knows how to get them to score. Our coach knows D...but he needs some help on offense.

There were lots of good players in the tourney not on blue blood teams or P5 teams. Players that can make plays in March. We need some of them...and we need Cronin to get help figuring out how to get his players to score. He probably runs specific sets designed for his talent level...which means he is the one responsible for NOT recruiting some of these guys who can shoot off the dribble or with a hand in their face etc.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:39 AM   #633
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While I am not going to sit here and argue that Cronin didn't have a hand in our meltdown the players share some of the blame. if a board of basketball fans can watch a game and identify bad shot after bad shot go up then the guys who have played the game almost their whole lives have to have a little knowledge about what is a good play and what isn't as well. I mean I read on here all the time that he should let them play and when he does they that was the result. Go Figure!
Cmon man. The Mick Cronin apologist thing is too much. The guy completely melted down. Somehow his players have failed to make it out of the first weekend 7 out of 8 years. There's a common theme there and it's Cronin. Stop making excuses for him. He completely lost control of that game. Our players not knowing how to respond and stay calm is a direct result of the coach melting down on the sidelines. When a lead starts to evaporate like that, you need someone to lead and calm things down. Instead, Cronin does the exact opposite. It's embarrassing honestly.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #634
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Cmon man. The Mick Cronin apologist thing is too much. The guy completely melted down. Somehow his players have failed to make it out of the first weekend 7 out of 8 years. There's a common theme there and it's Cronin. Stop making excuses for him. He completely lost control of that game. Our players not knowing how to respond and stay calm is a direct result of the coach melting down on the sidelines. When a lead starts to evaporate like that, you need someone to lead and calm things down. Instead, Cronin does the exact opposite. It's embarrassing honestly.
I'm good with all that Jake. He is the leader and is paid to win. But Come on man, players have to bare some responsibility for their performance. It is not all coaching. We fouled, missed bunnies and turned the ball over. This Cronin is the anti Christ has to end as well.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #635
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I'm good with all that Jake. He is the leader and is paid to win. But Come on man, players have to bare some responsibility for their performance. It is not all coaching. We fouled, missed bunnies and turned the ball over. This Cronin is the anti Christ has to end as well.
Or... mick can acknowledge his flaws and work to improve them.

Dude needs to take a hard look in the mirror. He was a basket case on the sidelines.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:49 AM   #636
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Or... mick can acknowledge his flaws and work to improve them.

Dude needs to take a hard look in the mirror. He was a basket case on the sidelines.
He may learn from this experience.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #637
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
He may learn from this experience.
Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me twice.....

Mick is full of empty promises. "Faster tempo" " Best shooter I've ever recruited"

Ive heard all the talk.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #638
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Mick is certainly part of the process but we had 2 seniors, two JR PG's a Jr wing and potential 1st round draft pick and a soph who played major minutes as a freshman unable to close out a less talented team leading by 22 in the last 11 minutes of a game. The freaking coaches could have left the bench and the players should not have lost that game.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #639
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mick is certainly part of the process but we had 2 seniors, two JR PG's a Jr wing and potential 1st round draft pick and a soph who played major minutes as a freshman unable to close out a less talented team leading by 22 in the last 11 minutes of a game. The freaking coaches could have left the bench and the players should not have lost that game.
Maybe that's the key
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #640
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me twice.....

Mick is full of empty promises. "Faster tempo" " Best shooter I've ever recruited"

Ive heard all the talk.
I could careless what Mick says to the media. I'm only interested in results. As I have posted here many times I am not ready under the conditions this program is force to operate under due to conference affiliation to fire the coach. I'm 64 years old and have no desire to relive the Yates years. I like filling out my bracket with UC in the field. I like knowing that on most nights I have a chance to root for a winner. He delivers that in a broken system. I have know desire to end up like UCONN or Memphis and others who have dropped off the landscape. I do recognize that someone better may be out there but I am a guy who likes the odds in his favor. Searching for someone who can deliver what most on here want is not a slam dunk. Also if you did find him how long would he stay. So my hope is Mick learns form his missteps and improves. For anyone disagreeing with me I certainly respect your opinion but we will have to agree to disagree.