Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #141
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
i just want some guys that make an open 3 the majority of the time. a couple guys that if you see them take an open shot, you think its going in. Evans is that sometimes but thats about the only one we have had since SK
Kilpatrick was not a great 3 shooter. Career 34.7% and never shot over 38% in any year. He's Cumberland who is 34.5% career
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #142
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydoug View Post
Kilpatrick was not a great 3 shooter. Career 34.7% and never shot over 38% in any year. He's Cumberland who is 34.5% career
I feel like if he was open, it was going in. i could be wrong. the point still stands. I just want someone to make them when they are open most of the time. There has to be guys out there that can do this, that we could get
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #143
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I feel like if he was open, it was going in. i could be wrong. the point still stands. I just want someone to make them when they are open most of the time. There has to be guys out there that can do this, that we could get
We agree we need knock down shooters.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #144
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Player that can create something from nothing and players that can make a shot. With the offense we run, these players should be top of the list.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #145
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i just want some guys that make an open 3 the majority of the time. a couple guys that if you see them take an open shot, you think its going in. Evans is that sometimes but thats about the only one we have had since SK
Evans went backwards on that this year. He used to never miss open 3s. This year he missed a ton.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #146
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Evans went backwards on that this year. He used to never miss open 3s. This year he missed a ton.
he was solid till the last month, then he would airball 2 or 3 a game. not sure what happened to him
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #147
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
he was solid till the last month, then he would airball 2 or 3 a game. not sure what happened to him
I think the NBA talk got in his head.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #148
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think the NBA talk got in his head.
I think he was Micks next SK. I think the pressure got to him. For the life of me I still can't understand why he didn't take the ball to the rim in the last 11 minutes of that game but settled for jumpers. He was killing them in the first half. 12 of our last 15 shots were jumpers.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:50 AM   #149
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I think he was Micks next SK. I think the pressure got to him. For the life of me I still can't understand why he didn't take the ball to the rim in the last 11 minutes of that game but settled for jumpers. He was killing them in the first half. 12 of our last 15 shots were jumpers.
Jake has all the tools... but lacks the mental fortitude to be "that guy" .

He will never be the guy in the NBA, so he may fit nicely with a team.

Regardless, he needs another year imo. But that's not how the NBA operates.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #150
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
he did drive a couple times and missed. It looked like he got fouled a couple times also but thats a whole other thing. They started doubling him