Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the Bearcats this year?
30-31 10 26.32%
28-29 12 31.58%
26-27 13 34.21%
24-25 3 7.89%
23 or fewer 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #81
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Nailed it. Thought we may end up a game better too, but 27-4 is what I went with.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #82
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
yeah there are a few that maybe could have been different if not for injuries. @smu would have been a tough one. can't predict all those injuries.
Yeah that's why my prediction of "one other random game" is such a cop out. I had no idea if that meant UCF, Houston, SMU, Temple, etc. And Houston would not have been my first guess. And probably not my 2nd.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:13 AM   #83
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
How did everyone do?

I had 27-4 with losses at Xavier, at UCLA, at Wichita, and one other random one.

I had the losses kind of mixed up. But not bad overall.
I started off 25-6 and changed it to 26-5 after given the opportunity...lol! Missed on both. I am very happy either way but I was obviously thinking SMU and UCF would not get hit with injury (although we did beat them each once at full strength). Also, I thought maybe Uconn would do a little better...but Gilbert got hurt and Ollie sucks.

Houston surprised and filled part of that void left by UCF and SMU.

Give me two games back to change things and this season would have smashed my expectations. The Florida game I put on the players. The Houston game I put on coaching. We weren't ready for Eggsavier and I just think WSU had a really good game against us at home.

We won two buzzer beaters and pulled away in the end in a couple more.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #84
waterhead
Senior Moderator

We lost by more than 6 points just one time. So we generally took care of business and we were in every game but one down to the wire.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #85
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Right now I am about as happy as I would have thought I could be at this point with our season. I guess it can always be better but it can also be worse...lol. I didn't get a lot of predictions right but I am certainly okay with that right now. We got some monkeys off our back.

Outright regular season Champs! It was a coin flip for me between us and WSU but I think most fans were looking at it that way.

Conference tourney Champs! Same as above.

Finally a protected seed not too far from home and a decent draw! I thought we could maybe make the Elite 8 or even Final 4 this year but I would have thought maybe a 4 seed or 3 at best. And I would not have guessed we would be a 2 seed without Cane running point for 30 minutes or so.

Gary won some great awards and so did coach!

Gary is now our leading scorer! Did not see that coming at all.

We made some great come backs this year being down at half. Cronin did make some nice adjustments at half time but I am hoping we have to make less adjustments in the dance and just start out playing like we should. I am very optimistic right now but it's a single elimination so you never know what is about to happen.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #86
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Been a great season. if I could change anything it would be that we beat X and if we were to split the series with WSU I wish we would have won at home.

Special shout out to the players. Playing this style of basketball requires much determination. teams don't guard the way this team has without being close knit and completely bought into what the coach is trying to accomplish.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote