Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be outcome of the Georgia State game?
UC wins by 20+ 10 25.64%
UC wins by 10-19 23 58.97%
UC wins by 1-9 5 12.82%
Georgia State wins 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #21
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman7467 View Post
This Bearcat team has by and large beaten the teams it’s supposed to this year. I don’t expect that will change that week. Georgia State hasn’t played anyone this year that comes close to Cincinnati. It might be close for awhile, but in the end the Cats are too good.

i agree with all of this, i think some of us are just pointing out this is not your typical 2 v 15 game. they are a lot better than a 15 seed.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
We are 60-10 last 2 years. Lol. That's freaking ridiculous.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #23
gsupanther

gsupanther is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, GSU fan here. I come in peace. Congrats on the big win today, glad to see y'all pull it out!
I don't know a ton about y'all, but I'll tell you about us.

We have the conference POY, D'Marcus Simonds. He's an excellent player, and can really take over a game. His weaknesses are consistent outside shooting, and keeping a positive attitude when we're down. He is an all around scorer, and rebounds well for a guard.
Surrounding him, we have Devin Mitchell. Very good shooter, can also put it on the floor.
Next, Malik Benlevi is a 3-and-D player who can get some rebounds. Jeff Thomas is another sharpshooter who is solid defensively. Isaiah and Kane Williams(no relation) are point guards that will both see some time, the majority going to Isaiah. He is another good shooter who can score in a variety of ways. Isaiah was huge for us in our conference tournament. Our guards and wings are by far our strength. We are very talented in that area. Our starting 5 guy will be Jordan Session. He is undersized for a center, but he is athletic. He can shoot it, but his range is mid-range. Decent rebounder and defender, but streaky. He is usually the X-factor; if he plays well we win, and vice-versa. Backing him up is Jordan Tyson, who is more of a prototypical center. He seems a little bit raw to me. Not great on offense, but pretty good defensively, and hustles. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! I'm not happy with our 15 seed; I felt we were deserving of a 14 or 13, and most other Panthers probably feel the same. With that said, we are excited to play y'all! It will be a challenge, but we'll be up to it!
gsupanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:00 PM   #24
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupanther View Post
Hey guys, GSU fan here. I come in peace. Congrats on the big win today, glad to see y'all pull it out!

We have the conference POY, D'Marcus Simonds. He's an excellent player, and can really take over a game. His weaknesses are consistent outside shooting, and keeping a positive attitude when we're down. He is an all around scorer, and rebounds well for a guard.
Surrounding him, we have Devin Mitchell. Very good shooter, can also put it on the floor.
Next, Malik Benlevi is a 3-and-D player who can get some rebounds. Jeff Thomas is another sharpshooter who is solid defensively. Isaiah and Kane Williams(no relation) are point guards that will both see some time, the majority going to Isaiah. He is another good shooter who can score in a variety of ways. Isaiah was huge for us in our conference tournament. Our guards and wings are by far our strength. We are very talented in that area. Our starting 5 guy will be Jordan Session. He is undersized for a center, but he is athletic. He can shoot it, but his range is mid-range. Decent rebounder and defender, but streaky. He is usually the X-factor; if he plays well we win, and vice-versa. Backing him up is Jordan Tyson, who is more of a prototypical center. He seems a little bit raw to me. Not great on offense, but pretty good defensively, and hustles. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! I'm not happy with our 15 seed; I felt we were deserving of a 14 or 13, and most other Panthers probably feel the same. With that said, we are excited to play y'all! It will be a challenge, but we'll be up to it!
Really nice post. Thank you. I am concerned of course but feel a little better if you need Jordan Session to have a good game we don’t have much to worry about cause he hasn’t met the Problem.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:30 PM   #25
beeman7467

beeman7467 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i agree with all of this, i think some of us are just pointing out this is not your typical 2 v 15 game. they are a lot better than a 15 seed.
Can’t disagree with that at all. I trust the team will take them seriously and play hard. When you look at it, what’s left are the best 68ish teams in the country based on how the system is set up. I know the bottom tier conference tournament champions probably don’t match up with the middle of the the road power 5 conference teams, but it is what it is. This team has always played whose up next. Business as usual this coming week.
beeman7467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupanther View Post

Thanks for the info.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #27
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
If they play as slow as their numbers indicate, I'm not much worried.

We struggle to guard fast pace teams who score quickly from 3 in transition. But if they slow it down, we can defend them and run them off the line.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #28
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Im a nerd.

So I'm downloading the last game Georgia state has played. I can put on my Dropbox if any one is interested when its done
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #29
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Im a nerd.

So I'm downloading the last game Georgia state has played. I can put on my Dropbox if any one is interested when its done
If anyone has a cable/satellite sub for an ESPN3 account, you can also watch it there on the WatchESPN app.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:47 AM   #30
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Upside to being up in the middle of the night with little ones and unable to fall back asleep. Kenpom log5 picks are up on his site.

I think I just got umm... I'll just say that I like this

Does suck we got stuck with such a strong 15 seed though. The above should put in perspective how good they are for a 15. But other than that, we got a pretttay, pretttay, prettay good draw

Last edited by ervins84; 03-12-2018 at 03:56 AM.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote