Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #21
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
FIRST DOWN RUNS

I wish I could find this stat---On first down rushing attempts by UC, what they averaged per attempt?? It seemed that they gained about 2 yards per attempt. That is not going to get it done! This was against Miami of Ohio, not Houston. Also, how complicated is this offense? You mean to tell me Gunner Kiel is not up to speed on this offense? Mystery??
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #22
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Well, he didn't play against Houston, but he was jumping around cheering the team on during that game. If it was a knee, it must have happened in practice.
Happened in the UT Martin game. He tried to hide it and keep playing, but it got so bad he couldn't get out of bed. Kid is tough as nails...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #23
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Happened in the UT Martin game. He tried to hide it and keep playing, but it got so bad he couldn't get out of bed. Kid is tough as nails...
Red shirt opportunity?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #24
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Red shirt opportunity?
Yes he will most likely be able to get a medical red shirt since he's only played two games
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #25
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
I wish I could find this stat---On first down rushing attempts by UC, what they averaged per attempt?? It seemed that they gained about 2 yards per attempt. That is not going to get it done! This was against Miami of Ohio, not Houston. Also, how complicated is this offense? You mean to tell me Gunner Kiel is not up to speed on this offense? Mystery??
Can they simplify the offense if he is the better quarterback. Is he the better quarterback? I thought so. Maybe he's not good enough to translate to the pro level, but in my opinion he can get more wins than the other guys. That's the idea. Now I could be wrong. But it seems like if they simplified things he would Excel. I wonder shouldn't we run schemes that fit our Personnel the best. We're not there so maybe he's just not the best. But it seems like the old offense was fine for him. Why change things? If they ran him a little bit less and he was a little bit quicker he was set for a big year.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:55 AM   #26
Tomahawker

Tomahawker is on a distinguished road
UC Knee with 1:46 remaining

Was at the game Saturday, so I didn't get to see the broadcast.

I could not understand why UC decided to take a knee with 1:46 left. They proceeded to run 3 more running plays, so obviously they couldn't run out the clock by genuflecting. Did the coaches miss that Miami had a time out left?
Tomahawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Can they simplify the offense if he is the better quarterback. Is he the better quarterback? I thought so. Maybe he's not good enough to translate to the pro level, but in my opinion he can get more wins than the other guys. That's the idea. Now I could be wrong. But it seems like if they simplified things he would Excel. I wonder shouldn't we run schemes that fit our Personnel the best. We're not there so maybe he's just not the best. But it seems like the old offense was fine for him. Why change things? If they ran him a little bit less and he was a little bit quicker he was set for a big year.
We were 7-6 last year. We weren't racking up wins with Kiel.

The offense might've worked better but the defense was beyond awful. And they were on the field entirely too much. I think we changed things to help find a better balance. You aren't ever going to win if your defense can't get off the field. We've seen an improvement there. The offense has taken a hit, no doubt...but you also have to consider all the weapons we lost at WR from last year. So not only were we not winning before, but we don't have the ideal personnel to play that way anyway imo. I think our current approach will lead to more balance and more success...but having said that, the QB play and running game definitely need to improve. I'm going to trust the process and hope we keep evolving, bc frankly that's all we can do. Clamoring for the offense of old is asking for what had us all calling for Tuberville 's job the past 2 seasons.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #28
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
We were 7-6 last year. We weren't racking up wins with Kiel.

The offense might've worked better but the defense was beyond awful. And they were on the field entirely too much. I think we changed things to help find a better balance. You aren't ever going to win if your defense can't get off the field. We've seen an improvement there. The offense has taken a hit, no doubt...but you also have to consider all the weapons we lost at WR from last year. So not only were we not winning before, but we don't have the ideal personnel to play that way anyway imo. I think our current approach will lead to more balance and more success...but having said that, the QB play and running game definitely need to improve. I'm going to trust the process and hope we keep evolving, bc frankly that's all we can do. Clamoring for the offense of old is asking for what had us all calling for Tuberville 's job the past 2 seasons.
Exactly
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote