Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
South Florida

Huge game. We can't fall to 0-2 in the conference. Especially bc both the losses would be at home. This game is really big for the division too. Not to mention, we owe them one for that 51-3 beatdown We took in the 1st half of the game last year.

We opened at +4. South Florida had been crushing people the first 3 weeks, then got beat by 20 against FSU last week. The defense will have its work cut out for them in this one.

USF 34
UC 23

Just gotta see Tuberville beat a good team before I can believe it.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
This will be an awfully tough game for the Bearcats. I believe USF will have better athletes, and more of them, on the field than UC. UC will have to keep USF's offense off the field, not turn the ball over, and keep penalties to a minimum.

USF 30
UC 24
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I have 2 tickets to sell if anyone is interested. I am unable to attend the game unfortunately.

Section 213
Row 4
Seats 4&5

$40 for the pair. They are great seats and view, with plenty of leg room. Let me know if anyone is interested. Cash or Chase Quick Pay. I live in Norwood so pretty centrally located. Thank you!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #4
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
This is going to be a tough game. Their offense is really explosive - likely more so than Houston's. this year's defense is clearly much better than the past couple of years, but we still give up a ton of yards. Hopefully we can create some turnovers.

I think the big hurdle is whether or not our offense can generate enough points to keep us in the game. I think we'll need to score in the 30's to have a chance to win the game. I'm not confident we can get there.

UC 24
USF 34

I would love to be wrong. This would be a really nice win if we could pull it off. Our defense held UH to 10 points through 3 quarters. A similar performance with an offense that can run the ball more effectively than we did against Houston would likely get it done. That's what I'll be rooting for.

Go Cats!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
UC - 23
USF - 20

why the heck not?
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:45 AM   #6
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Do I think we will win this game? No. not at all

Will I still get mad. Yes
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #7
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Do I think we will win this game? No. not at all

Will I still get mad. Yes
Haha, my sentiments on every game. My feelings on the tuberville era aren't whether we are good or bad it's that we have under achieved and frankly, we play undisciplined. I know our place in the football world and I can accept it but I can't accept underachieving and losing regularly to teams we should be beating or at worst competing with. South Florida is a prime example. If we play our best and lose to a better team, sure I'll be disappointed, but I can accept that, when we go out to a team not as good as us and are down 51-3 or whatever it was and it's just a ho-hum, whatever. Then I seriously have a problem. I'll end my rant, but that's how I feel when we struggle every year vs. Miami and get walloped in bowl games and lose to the bottom of the conference
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:15 PM   #8
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Line up to USF -5.5.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #9
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Line up to USF -5.5.
if we don't play better then we did against Miami we will get smoked.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #10
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
USF - 38
UC - 28
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote