Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2015, 03:18 PM   #181
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
What makes you think he could shoot 28% from 3? What was his HS%? He barely shot 62% unguarded standing still from 15 feet away this season. You even said how you were disappointed in his FT% dropping at the end of the year. You want Cobb, TC to shoot more and now you want Clark bombing away? Where are all these possessions coming from? Why recruit shooters like Evans then? At least if guards shoot there is a much better chance of a rebound on a miss.
Clark bombing away? Dude, stop trolling. Move on.
KJ's#1Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #182
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter View Post
Clark bombing away? Dude, stop trolling. Move on.
What makes you think he would shoot 30% from 3?

Do you feel Clark is as good a 3 pt. shooter as Quadri? He shot 4-14 this season. We all agree that we need players that can shoot, so why should a 0% 3 pt shooter attempt more shots, especially when he is our best rebounder?

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 04-14-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:42 PM   #183
ConnecticutHoops

ConnecticutHoops is on a distinguished road
I think the BearCats are a very serious Final4 contender next year assuming everyone stays healthy and works hard in the offseason. You have a legit chance to go nine deep. In my opinion both Jenifer & Evans will give you some added depth. Not sure if you guys have any open slots right now to add a grad transfer zone breaker? Cincinnati is the team to beat in the AAC hands down. Your front court has scary potential. I am a season ticket holder for UConn. This year I will be pulling for your team to make a very very deep run. The talent is there.
ConnecticutHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #184
CincyForLife6

CincyForLife6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutHoops View Post
I think the BearCats are a very serious Final4 contender next year assuming everyone stays healthy and works hard in the offseason. You have a legit chance to go nine deep. In my opinion both Jenifer & Evans will give you some added depth. Not sure if you guys have any open slots right now to add a grad transfer zone breaker? Cincinnati is the team to beat in the AAC hands down. Your front court has scary potential. I am a season ticket holder for UConn. This year I will be pulling for your team to make a very very deep run. The talent is there.
Thanks for the support and optimism... and yes we have 2 open scholarships considering we just had someone transfer. Still looking to add at least one more guy who could play next year it seems like, and if not then two guys who could come in and help in 2016 when we lose multiple people including our two bigs.
CincyForLife6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #185
ConnecticutHoops

ConnecticutHoops is on a distinguished road
List of Transfers/Grad Transfers Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyForLife6 View Post
Thanks for the support and optimism... and yes we have 2 open scholarships considering we just had someone transfer. Still looking to add at least one more guy who could play next year it seems like, and if not then two guys who could come in and help in 2016 when we lose multiple people including our two bigs.
Do you like any of these guys? I am not a huge Goodman fan but here is a list of some guys available. Miller visits UConn on the 17th. 1 guy stands out as a difference makes IF given a 2nd chance.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman...-transfer-list
ConnecticutHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:24 PM   #186
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutHoops View Post
Do you like any of these guys? I am not a huge Goodman fan but here is a list of some guys available. Miller visits UConn on the 17th. 1 guy stands out as a difference makes IF given a 2nd chance.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman...-transfer-list
We are in on Izundu, Caroline, foster so far that we know of.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #187
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...041515aaa.html
Old 04-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #188
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
2010-2011
Gates 11.9 ppg
Dixon 11.6
SK 9.7
Cash 8.9
Bishop 8.4

2011-2012
SK 14.3 ppg
Dixon 13.0
Gates 12.2
Cash 10.9
Parker 9.4

^I think most would agree that these are Mick's 2 best teams (I count these over 2013-2014 bc SK didn't have enough help).

2014-2015
Ellis 9.9 ppg
Caupain 9.6
Cobb 8.5
Clark 7.8
KJ 6.5

Our top 5 scorers scored 50.5 ppg in 10-11 and 59.8 in 11-12...to just 42.3 in 14-15.

Who is going to step up and find us these extra buckets?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #189
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
2010-2011
Gates 11.9 ppg
Dixon 11.6
SK 9.7
Cash 8.9
Bishop 8.4

2011-2012
SK 14.3 ppg
Dixon 13.0
Gates 12.2
Cash 10.9
Parker 9.4

^I think most would agree that these are Mick's 2 best teams (I count these over 2013-2014 bc SK didn't have enough help).

2014-2015
Ellis 9.9 ppg
Caupain 9.6
Cobb 8.5
Clark 7.8
KJ 6.5

Our top 5 scorers scored 50.5 ppg in 10-11 and 59.8 in 11-12...to just 42.3 in 14-15.

Who is going to step up and find us these extra buckets?
Good comparison! I really think Caupain makes the biggest jump out of our starters. The player that showed up against UConn at home was fierce and aggresive. If he plays any where near that level... he's going to carry us
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #190
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
Good comparison! I really think Caupain makes the biggest jump out of our starters. The player that showed up against UConn at home was fierce and aggresive. If he plays any where near that level... he's going to carry us
I think all of our returning rotation players will see modest bumps, with perhaps Caupain and Clark making the biggest jumps (potentially in the 3-5 ppg range). I think Evans and possibly Jenifer give us a little scoring boost as well. I'm not expecting any miracles, but we should be able to average around 70 next season. If we don't, then someone (either the coaching staff or the players) isn't doing their job.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote