Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #191
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Exactly, Jeremiah Davis sat out the season after a wrist injury two years ago
Did he stay in dorms during games? How can you expect fans to support your when your own players don't show up to games
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #192
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
And I've clearly stated why almost everyone has left. They didn't want to be at the back end of the roster and decided to look for greener pastures. UC isn't forcing guys out, and there haven't been the long line of legal issues that caused attrition under the previous coach.

And where are these "rebuilding years" you keep mentioning? If landing an 8 seed is a rebuilding year, the program is in fantastic shape...
I tend to agree with Chad here. It seems to me that you have to look at the individual circumstances and not group all these players into the same category of leaving the program.

Some have argued that we need to fill roster spots for when we lose players. However, I could argue that guys like Gaines and Strickland were project recruits to start with and brought in as big bodies to help if we needed it in a pinch.

On the flip side Davis and Morman are guys that were probably brought in to hopefully get into the rotation by working hard and doing the right things. I think both got frustrated and maybe coach could have figured out a way to keep them happy...but who knows. Some kids have a mind of their own.

Guyn is unique and I don't count that against the coach. I think the Lawrence situation is unique as well but not sure.

For the most part...coach is holding on to the guys that he needs to with possibly a couple of exceptions which MAYBE could have been salvaged somehow. I see this current stretch as more the exception than the rule.

That being said we need to fill some spots so let's go get em'
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #193
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I'm fine with the bottom part of the roster leaving each season if we replace them with JC players like we added this past season. Players like Ellis are probably rare, but I feel like you could bring in a DeBerry or Cobb almost every season if you choose to. In their first seasons alone both of them probably gave the team more than the Stricklands and Mormans of the world ever would.

I think Mick is more than willing to keep guys around if they want to be here. Look at a player like Sanders. He didn't play much as a Fr or So, and was never more than role player, but he wanted to be here and he worked hard and a lot of the guys on the team spoke about how much they wanted to win for him.

But a coach can't let players stay around that don't want to be here because they are upset with their role on the team. That stuff will eat a team from the inside out. Everybody has to have the same goal.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #194
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I'm fine with the bottom part of the roster leaving each season if we replace them with JC players like we added this past season. Players like Ellis are probably rare, but I feel like you could bring in a DeBerry or Cobb almost every season if you choose to. In their first seasons alone both of them probably gave the team more than the Stricklands and Mormans of the world ever would.

I think Mick is more than willing to keep guys around if they want to be here. Look at a player like Sanders. He didn't play much as a Fr or So, and was never more than role player, but he wanted to be here and he worked hard and a lot of the guys on the team spoke about how much they wanted to win for him.

But a coach can't let players stay around that don't want to be here because they are upset with their role on the team. That stuff will eat a team from the inside out. Everybody has to have the same goal.
Sanders and guyn played more has frosh compared to Lawrence and Mormon if I'm not mistaken. Sanders was supposed to be next bishop.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #195
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
makes u wonder what cronin will do on signing day to make up for the opening spots. cronin did mention he would like to get a junior college transfer who could red shirt or something along those lines
Old 04-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #196
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
They are trying to get a juco player with one scolly.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote