Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #81
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
It was also Cash but it was the year before when we had all those suspensions and Jermaine Sanders was playing the 5 spot in that game.
Yep. Jackson couldn't not foul back in those days, so he was in and out all game. Kelvin Gaines got some minutes as well.
KJ's#1Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #82
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Good article on Clark:

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...060915aab.html

I like his attitude and his wanting to get better. My favorite part of the article might be the quote at the end where he said Shaq was so furious after the Kentucky loss. Hopefully Shaq takes that senior leap this year.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:38 PM   #83
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Good article on Clark:

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-b...060915aab.html

I like his attitude and his wanting to get better. My favorite part of the article might be the quote at the end where he said Shaq was so furious after the Kentucky loss. Hopefully Shaq takes that senior leap this year.
Good article. I argree, loved him say how he remembered shaq being so mad realizing how close they were...I could see him making a solid leap in his all around game...this season is going to be fun!
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:43 PM   #84
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
In the past 3 years that Shaq has been part of the team they have lost 30 times and 11 more his redshirt year, not sure how the UK loss is much different than any other. I really hope the light turns on for him and he has a JJ type of Sr year but UC fans have been hoping for that kind of leap from him the past two years. The difference between a good player and a great player is consistency and to date, that is not one of Shaq's strong suits. I also didn't think that UC was that close, the last 8 mins or so UK was firmly in control and frankly didn't defend on a few possessions that could have pushed their lead close to 20.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:59 AM   #85
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
I'm not expecting anything more out of Shaq than what we have seen thus far. I stuck my neck out last year saying he would have a breakout year, and I don't feel like getting burned again. He's a great kid and I'm glad he's part of the program, but the most I would project for him this year is about 8 ppg.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #86
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I haven't predicted any major "light come on" game change by Shaq in the past but recent signs are encouraging. There was a recent report about Shaq and Ellis training hard and adding weight in the gym. When you add in Gary's statement about Shaq after the KY game it all starts to add up. Gary could have mentioned any Bearcat in that locker room...but Shaq stood out to him. Shaq is in his final year.

Seems to me like maybe the light is coming on with his attitude. How that will translate to his game I don't know...but it can't hurt. He has the talent...just needs to stay focused.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #87
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Shaq just isn't built to play on the wing in a slow-moving offense. Especially when we face a zone. Not sure if that will change any or not...so I'm expecting more ups and downs, and long 2s off the dribble in our set offense. Shaq would thrive in either a small lineup, where he is the 4. Or in a push the pace style.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #88
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
In the past 3 years that Shaq has been part of the team they have lost 30 times and 11 more his redshirt year, not sure how the UK loss is much different than any other. I really hope the light turns on for him and he has a JJ type of Sr year but UC fans have been hoping for that kind of leap from him the past two years. The difference between a good player and a great player is consistency and to date, that is not one of Shaq's strong suits. I also didn't think that UC was that close, the last 8 mins or so UK was firmly in control and frankly didn't defend on a few possessions that could have pushed their lead close to 20.
Yeah it got up to 62-43 at the end.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #89
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@RehfeldtU
@Gary11_Clark crushing the old school aerodyne bike today averaging :18 / 20 cal sprint. http://t.co/2odh3kt4Ng
Old 06-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #90
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Love that he is such a hard worker. This kid has a future ahead of him in whatever he does if he works this hard.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote