Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #231
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Crazy. I'm so glad Virginia lost. I hate watching them.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #232
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatmatt View Post
Virginia is the reason why playing slow ball and relying on defense first gets you into trouble - you don't put teams away, and then a 10 seed that happens to be making shots beats you. It's also the reason why Mick's offensive strategy needs to be revamped - no matter how good you are on defense, you need offense to win tournament games.
Agreed. It doesn't hurt when you have a 5-star freshman play like a 5-star player in the second half. Richardson was awesome. They had another freshman Lydon make some huge plays too.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #233
Bearcatmatt

Bearcatmatt is on a distinguished road
UNC is stupid good when they hit 3's. They're the team to beat now. I'm predicting a UNC vs. Oklahoma Final at this point, but Nova has a shot to edge out OK. I can't see the CUSE beating UNC.

As far as UNC vs. Oklahoma goes, Buddy might the best player on the floor, but I think UNC has the better team and they have too much size and talent all around.

Last edited by Bearcatmatt; 03-27-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Bearcatmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #234
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Turns out you can give up 74 points, win the game, and still have played great defense. The name of the game in championship caliber basketball has always been scoring points. I hope Mick was taking notes.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:36 PM   #235
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Turns out you can give up 74 points, win the game, and still have played great defense. The name of the game in championship caliber basketball has always been scoring points. I hope Mick was taking notes.
I believe Villanova and UNC were #1 and #2 in offensive efficiency this year.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:19 PM   #236
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
This year's One Shining Moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTgEyTeoBU

I only watched it once, but I think UC's only appearance is Ellis crying under a towel. About sums it up for this season...
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #237
prancer

prancer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post

I only watched it once, but I think UC's only appearance is Ellis crying under a towel. About sums it up for this season...
Also, they show it from two different angles! AND it comes right after a monster Jaylen Reynolds dunk!
prancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #238
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer View Post

very fitting.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #239
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

8. (8) Saint Joseph's 78, (9) Cincinnati 76 (First Round)

Poor Octavius Ellis. There all sorts clichés out there about the razor thin line between success and failure, between victory and defeat, between basically anything good that happens in sports and anything bad that happens in sports.Those clichés don't carry quite as much weight as their visual embodiment, which occurred in the final tenth of a second in this game.

This is also, as you might remember, a Cincinnati team which saw its run in the AAC Tournament end via a quadruple overtime loss to Connecticut in which the Huskies extended the game into a fourth OT with a 70-foot heave.
I suppose there are cases out there that can be argued, but it's hard for me to imagine any team in any sport that has ever ended a season with back-to-back losses that were more excruciating.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...carolina-video

They ranked all 67 games of the tournament.