Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #171
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Wow winning 30 some games means something who would of thought........
I think the comment has more to do with our ranking due to our winning. We could just as well be ranked the same with 3 more losses against a tougher schedule. The trick is to stay in the rankings...the higher the better for recruit visibility.

He also mentioned that a deep run in the tourney will be a big one for recruits if we can get there. Many fans think a tough schedule can prepare you better for that deep run.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:26 AM   #172
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Can we move this convo to OOC Schedule or 2017-18 Season thread?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #173
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Can we move this convo to OOC Schedule or 2017-18 Season thread?
Right...lol
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #174
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@mamoudou_d11
Big shoutout to my man @JeremyRussotti and @coachcarsonc #GetBetterEveryDay https://t.co/1IAME3qoT8
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #175
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@mamoudou_d11
Big shoutout to my man @JeremyRussotti and @coachcarsonc #GetBetterEveryDay https://t.co/1IAME3qoT8
No doubt that he's a freakish athlete. If his mid-range game is as good as some have said, he could be a really good player. I was a little down on this incoming class because it looked like 3 projects plus Keith Williams, but I'm starting to think Cronin wouldn't have pursued this kid as hard as he did if he didn't think he was going to be college ready.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #176
PakMan

PakMan is on a distinguished road
I'm happy we got this guy. He's a superior athlete and seems skilled.

I think he'll end up like 4th year Justin Jackson.
PakMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #177
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakMan View Post

Lets shoot for the sky and hope for better.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:54 AM   #178
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

If we can get Diarra and Nsoseme around 220 lbs or higher by the following season we should have a formidable front court in terms of rebounds, blocks, and overall defense between Brooks, Scott, Diarra, Nsoseme.

I still think we need to land an offensive guy. I would hope at least one of those 4 above can work on their skills and become good enough for 10ppg plus after Clark and Washington leave. It would be nice to compliment that with a natural scoring big.

It looks like Diarra can shoot a little bit from the arc. I have hopes for Brooks developing some reliable post moves. Scott has some upside if he works on his skills and his shooting arc. Nsoseme will need a little time to develop most likely given his lack of experience in the game.

It's a solid core to start...let's bring in one more big time recruit to solidify the 4-5 spots. An immediate impact guy if at all possible would be best of course.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #179
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:

but one that can shoot from 3+ feet extended to the 3 point line
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #180
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we can get Diarra and Nsoseme around 220 lbs or higher by the following season we should have a formidable front court in terms of rebounds, blocks, and overall defense between Brooks, Scott, Diarra, Nsoseme.

I still think we need to land an offensive guy. I would hope at least one of those 4 above can work on their skills and become good enough for 10ppg plus after Clark and Washington leave. It would be nice to compliment that with a natural scoring big.

It looks like Diarra can shoot a little bit from the arc. I have hopes for Brooks developing some reliable post moves. Scott has some upside if he works on his skills and his shooting arc. Nsoseme will need a little time to develop most likely given his lack of experience in the game.

It's a solid core to start...let's bring in one more big time recruit to solidify the 4-5 spots. An immediate impact guy if at all possible would be best of course.
This will be Brooks first full off season (strength) workouts as he missed last year finishing up his online class. His stamina is not a problem, so if he can add some strength this off season I have some high hopes for him
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote