Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 09-04-2016, 01:53 PM   #61
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I agree. But I believe everyone needs self examination on how to correct the issues...not just one group of people being blamed for all problems.
I'd say the root of the problem starts with the guys who wrote the constitution proclaiming all men are created equal. If that was truly meant we may not be having these issues. A good starting point would be admitting that was a bunch of BS and teaching that in our schools.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:03 PM   #62
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I'd say the root of the problem starts with the guys who wrote the constitution proclaiming all men are created equal. If that was truly meant we may not be having these issues. A good starting point would be admitting that was a bunch of BS and teaching that in our schools.
I'm not sure that's the case at this point in time. There are other minoritys in this country that represent a large population yet the issues aren't as prominent. Obviously there are many people who want to come and live in the u.s. based on the documents you just called b.s.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #63
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I'm not sure that's the case at this point in time. There are other minoritys in this country that represent a large population yet the issues aren't as prominent. Obviously there are many people who want to come and live in the u.s. based on the documents you just called b.s.
you do know that at the time that document was drafted women couldn't vote.teach or air their greviances in a court of law. Neither could Native Americans or Blacks. It took many years to even begin to correct those wrongs. Is that how you measure its authenticity? By how many still want to come here. If you think it's a even playing field out their you really need to get out more. Please don't give me it's gotten better. Owning others, stealing land and violating human rights should be a easy one to get right. We really should be setting the bar a bit higher for a country that proclaims, give me your tired and your poor. We hold our basketball coaches to a much higher standard. Please don't misinterpret my criticism as being unpatriotic. I love this country but we have many faults and many wrongs to right. It's past time to get to work. A acting like it doesn't exist won't get it done. If you don't think there is such a thing as white privilage in this country I really don't know what to tell you.

The moderators really don't want politics discussed and I wish to respect their wishes so if you want to say more IM me.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 09-04-2016 at 02:32 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #64
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
you do know that at the time that document was drafted women couldn't vote.teach or air their greviances in a court of law. Neither could Native Americans or Blacks. Is that how you measure its authenticity? By how many still want to come here. If you think it's a even playing field out their you really need to get out more. Please don't give me it's gotten better. Owning others, stealing land and violating human rights should be a easy one to get right. We really should be setting the bar a bit higher for a country that proclaims, give me your tired and your poor. We hold our basketball coaches to a much higher standard. Please don't misinterpret my criticism as being unpatriotic. I love this country but we have many faults and many wrongs to right. It's past time to get to work. A acting like it doesn't exist won't get it done.
But the you make it out is that whenever something goes wrong it's due to an uneven playing field. By that logic there is no metric to ever show things are even. If they hypothetically were. Anyway, probably enough non sports related talk for this board. If you want to continue waite pm me and I'll give you my email
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #65
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Thanks for keeping it civil and knowing where to leave it guys. I can see how it got here from where it started, but as you understand, really no need to have it veer off down a path that becomes conversation totally unrelated to anything sports or UC.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:53 AM   #66
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...le-at-bristol/

What an interesting venue for a game. Not a bad payday for those schools either. Crazy
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #67
UCalum08
Epic Member

Check out @ChasingSnyder's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ChasingSnyder/st...872977920?s=09

Omg, crazy. That sucks for OKST and the Big 12.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:48 PM   #68
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Butch Jones might be looking for a job after this season.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:31 PM   #69
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Butch Jones might be looking for a job after this season.
Big turnaround in that game.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:38 AM   #70
UCalum08
Epic Member

Big 12 taking some L's early on this year. TCU goes down. OKSU and Kansas lose to MAC teams.