Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #671
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Coach Cronin loves his Seniors. It will be interesting to see how the style of Clark and Washington compares to Caupain and Johnson. I see Clark being the lead by example guy. Mr Dependable who is there night in and night out just doing Gary Clark things. Washington will be more in the Caupain role as the emotional, vocal leader. Washington has to be the biggest cheerleader. The guy who keeps everyone up. Washington has had such a big impact on this program with his relentlessness. Both on the court and on the bench. I don't think it's a coincidence that we got better on offense when he came in. His kind of aggressiveness can rub off on the team. We need these guys, along with Evans and Jenifer, to maintain the standard that has been set for years now. Those guys have been around the longest and they know the importance of making every day count.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #672
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
This is the kinda shit UC needs to be doing for its fans.

http://scout.com/college/xavier/Arti...-20--107714113
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #673
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
This is the kinda shit UC needs to be doing for its fans.

http://scout.com/college/xavier/Arti...-20--107714113
They definitely should once we return to 5/3rd.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #674
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Coach Cronin loves his Seniors. It will be interesting to see how the style of Clark and Washington compares to Caupain and Johnson. I see Clark being the lead by example guy. Mr Dependable who is there night in and night out just doing Gary Clark things. Washington will be more in the Caupain role as the emotional, vocal leader. Washington has to be the biggest cheerleader. The guy who keeps everyone up. Washington has had such a big impact on this program with his relentlessness. Both on the court and on the bench. I don't think it's a coincidence that we got better on offense when he came in. His kind of aggressiveness can rub off on the team. We need these guys, along with Evans and Jenifer, to maintain the standard that has been set for years now. Those guys have been around the longest and they know the importance of making every day count.
I like the general attitude makeup of our team. We may not need a lot of extra leadership out there this year. We have had players in the past who were easily frustrated and could get T'd up. We have had pouters on the bench. Who knows what effect they may have had by distracting other players.

We haven't seen the new guys play yet but we don't have any veterans with poor attitudes IMO. We have heard some good things about the work ethic of a few frosh. We need guys who just handle their business and don't complain a lot. It's no secret how you can get more minutes here. If your number is called just hustle and play smart. You won't get pulled for missing shots but you might if you are out of position, turn it over too much, or take plays off.

We need a full team effort. We need guys on the bench who are engaged in the game and waiting for their number to be called. We need guys who are "bought in" to the system and their roles and I think we have that.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #675
UCTIMMY

UCTIMMY is on a distinguished road
Mick needs to win in the tournament or be gone. Coach came to UC with a reputation of being a great recruiter. The recruiting hasn't been very good. How in the world does everyone in the country offer Jaxson Hayes except UC?
UCTIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #676
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCTIMMY View Post
Mick needs to win in the tournament or be gone. Coach came to UC with a reputation of being a great recruiter. The recruiting hasn't been very good. How in the world does everyone in the country offer Jaxson Hayes except UC?
It would be easier to just start an i hate mick thread so you and the other 2 guys who try to derail threads can just talk about your hate for him.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:36 AM   #677
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Chad talked about this on The Skinny Podcast yesterday. With Brooks, Nsoseme, Diarra, and Scott all SO or younger, it's going to be hard to add a project who wants to get on the floor right away. It's more likely that we'll try to get a more traditional scoring big to compliment those other guys.

Chad also said Brooks may be the most improved player on the team. I will be interested to see how that translates to the real games.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:39 AM   #678
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
It would be easier to just start an i hate mick thread so you and the other 2 guys who try to derail threads can just talk about your hate for him.
Either Report the post or use your Ignore feature. We're not doing this stuff. Responses like this just add fuel to the fire. Consider this the warning for everyone. We aren't going down this road. It's been a smooth offseason but that doesn't mean the rules no longer apply. If you have an issue, there's a way to address it that doesn't include doing the same thing that you're accusing someone else of doing (derailing a thread).
Old 09-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #679
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Chad talked about this on The Skinny Podcast yesterday. With Brooks, Nsoseme, Diarra, and Scott all SO or younger, it's going to be hard to add a project who wants to get on the floor right away. It's more likely that we'll try to get a more traditional scoring big to compliment those other guys.

Chad also said Brooks may be the most improved player on the team. I will be interested to see how that translates to the real games.
It's good to hear about Brooks. He is probably the veteran return player that I would like to hear that honor going to. Obviously new players wouldn't be eligible in the MIP category. If Brooks turns out to be improved on both ends we should be pretty good next year...no to mention this year we will have better quality back up minutes. I could see him logging DeBerry type minutes at 15 mpg (in the closer games) since he was already taking more of Scott's minutes as the season progressed.

He can back up Clark or Washington IMO. Washington and Clark are both basically PF's anyway so Brooks becomes the defacto C when he enters the game with either of them.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #680
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cronin isn’t recruiting well????
Jacob Evans
Jarron Cumberland
Gary Clark
Keith Williams
Kyle Washington
Cane Broome.

These are guys that would start on probably 325 D1 schools at some point.
I mean, do you just want a highly ranked recruiting class? look
At the 2016 class, Xavier had the 26th ranked class and we had the 65th.
Guess who’s class I’d take after a year in the books? Uc’s

I’ll take Jarron Cumberland and nysier brooks over tyrique Jones and Goodin.

Rankings mean nothing. Cronin has been getting under the radar guys who are offensively talented
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote