Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 5+ 19 61.29%
UC wins by 1-4 6 19.35%
UCLA wins by 1-4 0 0%
UCLA wins by 5+ 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #321
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I thought Jenifer did a hell of a job protecting the ball in the last 5 minutes
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:02 AM   #322
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I have zero complaints about how Jenifer and Broome were used yesterday. I don’t think you could have used them any better and we won by double digits.

I thought if anything; yesterday’s game helped solidify some roles for each PG. both did their job when call on.,
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:03 AM   #323
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Gotta give credit when credit is due. He did play really well down the stretch. He handled the pressure really well and made his free throws.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:09 AM   #324
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Me to!

I know most want to point to Mick's use of Cane and JJ as a huge issue. For me it is not a problem at all. Not saying I wouldn't want better PG play from either but I have bigger issues. A few keys for me that will determine the course of our season are

1. Can we get consistent production on offense and defense from from Washington. Yesterday has not been the norm.

2.can we get Cumberland untracked. Yesterday was a tiny step.

3. If Evans is going to be our end of game option then he has to take better care of the ball. Way to many turn overs.

If we get these three things done we have a chance to have the kind of season we all want. Yesterday was a small step in that direction. Need to get taking those steps.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 12-17-2017 at 07:12 AM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #325
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have zero complaints about how Jenifer and Broome were used yesterday. I don’t think you could have used them any better and we won by double digits.

I thought if anything; yesterday’s game helped solidify some roles for each PG. both did their job when call on.,
I thought Jenifer did a great job down the stretch but his first 5 minutes were pretty bad. He got beat bad a couple times and was shot over the top of pretty easily. That fake charge move he does I'm also not a fan of. If it doesn't get called he's toast.

Still need to start Cane. Jenifer is better at holding a lead.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:27 AM   #326
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

Still need to start Cane. Jenifer is better at holding a lead.
How do you get here? Cane was mistake free too when they started pressing. Evans was the one that had the awful turnover.

Jenifer can come in if he’s gonna keep hitting free throws, but the move was benching Cumberland not Broome. Cumberland can’t be out there being a career 60% ft shooter.

But I still don’t see why cane needed to come out. It did almost feel like mick just had to even their minutes out (similar to how he benched Jenifer the other night basically the entire half for no reason)
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:34 AM   #327
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
How do you get here? Cane was mistake free too when they started pressing. Evans was the one that had the awful turnover.

Jenifer can come in if he’s gonna keep hitting free throws, but the move was benching Cumberland not Broome. Cumberland can’t be out there being a career 60% ft shooter.

But I still don’t see why cane needed to come out. It did almost feel like mick just had to even their minutes out (similar to how he benched Jenifer the other night basically the entire half for no reason)
Getting everyone minutes in areas they can contribute is part of the job. I think Mick has done a very good job at this.

Our two losses have nothing to do with who started at PG. we were hammered on the glass and didn't guard against X nad turned the ball over 21 times against the then 5 team in the country.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #328
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Also I sorta think Broome is a must have on the court when closing a tight game since we try to stall it out the last 10 minutes. He’s our best option at beating his man late in the shot clock. If the refs would have called those 2 times he was fouled we would have taken 33 seconds off the clock twice and gotten 4 fts out of it.

If we have 5 capable scorers out there for our stall ball I like our chances of closing it out.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #329
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Also I sorta think Broome is a must have on the court when closing a tight game since we try to stall it out the last 10 minutes. He’s our best option at beating his man late in the shot clock. If the refs would have called those 2 times he was fouled we would have taken 33 seconds off the clock twice and gotten 4 fts out of it.

If we have 5 capable scorers out there for our stall ball I like our chances of closing it out.
Depending what the score is I can agree with that. But leading by 13-15 points as we were we didn't need offense. They were in foul mode we needed to run clock and hit FT's. In a closer game I'll guess and say if offense is needed you will see Cane out there. As for Cumberland I can't believe he is a 60% FT shooter. As I mentioned above he is a key to our season going forward.

Game situation and player strengths is the key to who is on the floor.
Old 12-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #330
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Depending what the score is I can agree with that. But leading by 13-15 points as we were we didn't need offense. They were in foul mode we needed to run clock and hit FT's. In a closer game I'll guess and say if offense is needed you will see Cane out there. As for Cumberland I can't believe he is a 60% FT shooter. As I mentioned above he is a key to our season going forward.

Right foul mode so we needed our ft shooters. Jenifer cane Evans Gary and Kyle.

And I agree he went with Jenifer cause of how big the lead was. But if there was ever a time for Broome at the wing, that was it. 2 primary ball handlers.