Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #461
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
He’s not going to. Temple just got in jenifers face 35 feet from the rim and completely shut down our offense. Even pnr’s couldn’t free him because he can’t beat the hedge.

No way can you defend cane like that, he’s laying it in every possession or handing it off for dunks.

But mick isn’t going to see it cause he doesn’t want to change anything. Jenifer is gonna get half the pg minutes. The book is already written.
Broome would've changed the game I agree.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #462
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
They have 7 losses on the season already. They have some decent wins but they have a number of bad losses too. This isn't going to be a win that changes anything come March, I don't think.
If you consider any loss is going to change a seed line...all wins are going to be important.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:43 AM   #463
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsladder@aol.com View Post
One of the worst threads I've read in a long time. SMH. Go Bearcats!
I agree. So disappointed. Bunch of clueless jackasses who don't know anything about what's going on come in here and destroy everything the second we're losing. It's so embarrassing that these people call themselves fans. It's not even rooting for your team. It's hoping to god they lose so you can riot. Nothing else matters to these people. If college basketball players aren't all playing like pros every single night, these pathetic excuses for fans are going to rip them to shreds.

This is the nicest I can be about the whole thing. Some of you should go away. You probably know who you are. But just leave. You add nothing to the conversation about basketball. And it's embarrassing that your posts represent the UC fan base.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:46 AM   #464
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Here is something I'll throw out there.

What if we start Cane at PG and Moore at Cumberland's wing. Cumberland was much more effective last year coming off the bench. Maybe putting him back in that role could help get him started again. Also if he does provide offense with the second unit it may lead Mick to start Cane with the first unit. I think one fear Mick has is not having any scores on the bench in games like last night. I know I if Cane was available when we were forced to use Scott Brooks and Williams I would have felt a bit better about our chances of scoring with him in the game. That is where I think we may have missed Cane the most last night. Also contrary to popular opinion Mick doesn't go into the game deciding how much each player will play. He has a feel for the strengths and weaknesses of the team and utilizes his personnel accordingly. Lots beyond our eyes go into making those decisions. You may not always agree with his decisions which is certainly your right.
You have mentioned this "second unit" a few times. We don't have a Goon Squad anymore. It's not like we are going to take all the starters out and send in Brooks, Scott, Williams, Moore and Cane.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #465
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jake I think your next poll should be the over/under on how many posters get banded after a narrow bearcat win/loss. LOL!!!
I have no problem removing them all. I mean, if you never ever post here, you can't start while we are losing and expect to be taken seriously. It will easily be found out that you have an agenda, have been banned before, or both. There is one person in particular who I feel especially sorry for.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #466
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayers View Post

I did lol my own statement when I posted. Thought it was clear that was overly ridiculous, you know, like, sarcasm. Next time I'll /s for you. That last part is especially funny.
Oh sorry. You literally never post here and started calling the players balls of sh*t while we were losing. I guess I didn't give enough credence to the "lol" part. See who you're lumping yourself in with when you pick a curious time to start posting your thoughts?

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 01-05-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #467
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I hope this is hyperbole. If not you need to watch closer bc it's a horrendous take. Scott may not score but he's 100x more useful than Q Moore. The idea that this comp keeps getting thrown around is embarrassing to our fans. Just shows some people have no clue what they're watching and just see who is scoring. Really bad. I hope this post isn't serious on that front. I get frontcourt concerns for next year from a standpoint of depth and high-end starting talent, but you completely lose it when you mention Trevon Scott and Quadri Moore in the same sentence.
not hyperbole at all. Scott is not an effective Division 1 basketball player. Hes just not. people can glamour at his athleticism, but hes not a basketball player. So they can be compared. Quadri is not a division 1 basketball player, and neither is scott

And sorry, but I do know what im watching..And im not even close to the only one who thinks this.

Last edited by coachpipe; 01-05-2018 at 08:57 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #468
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If you consider any loss is going to change a seed line...all wins are going to be important.
Oh for sure. This win doesn't really help us that much other than keeping a bad loss (for what we hope this team is) off our schedule. Being a nonP5 school we can't lose to teams like this if we want to sniff a top 4 seed.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:56 AM   #469
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
interesting that was the comment that took you overboard.
Yeah for real.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #470
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
not hyperbole at all. Scott is not an effective Division 1 basketball player. Hes just not. people can glamour at his athleticism, but hes not a basketball player

And sorry, but I do know what im watching..And im not even close to the only one who thinks this.
I think Tre has potential but he was the worst player on the court for both teams last night. 4 brutal turnovers and two rebounds in 4 minutes is shockingly bad.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote