Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-19-2016, 06:09 AM   #101
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen a basketball game at The Gardens since the Royals played there. LOL!! As a kid growing up in Norwood a bunch of us used to clean up after the events as employees of the Cincinnati Sports service. Time fly's. Would love to see the Gardens used for some events but for the cats playing in US Bank is probably going to be the best option when all the negotiating and posturing is done I think that is where they end up. I go to many Reds games and love walking around to the different spots. Don't know if I'll enjoy it quite as much in the wintertime. To get the renovations done I guess I can put up with anything for a year. I love going to the games but picking between 5th/3rd and my recliner with big HD TV is getting harder and harder. From the drawings getting me out of the chair won't be that difficult.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:07 AM   #102
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It is funny how people tell themselves that things are the same as back then...as if lottery picks, conference titles, conference tournament titles, and top 5 NCAA seeds are meaningless when it comes to having a great program.
Ah, so I state that the '90s and present times are not light years apart, so that means I think things are basically the same...got it.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:14 AM   #103
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidecat View Post
I don't fit none of those. Any more great theory? Maybe a few are just plain fed up with poor results after 11 years of your great coach who has done nothing.

Maybe your 80% are just blind fools who don't understand what good basketball and a good basketball program are suppose to look like.
Yep, he's my coach. I hired him. I'm the only one that likes him.

People seem to think just because you like a coach, that means you LOOOOOVE him and think everything is perfect. Newsflash: nobody thinks that. We've fallen short the last few years and it's been a little frustrating. Just because things haven't been perfect doesn't mean you hate the coach, can him, and move on. College programs are built on stability. I'm all for the Bengals firing Marvin Lewis, because the players won't dart. You realize Cumberland will likely leave if we let Mick go? Making the tourney 6 straight years is a sign that things have the potential to get better. It's not all about what we've currently accomplished. It's about where this program can go. You don't accidentally make the tourney 6 straight years and form a nice stability. Everyone that wants Mick gone would cry a river when we go 15-16 next season. I completely regret getting involved in this topic, so this is likely my last post on it.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #104
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Ah, so I state that the '90s and present times are not light years apart, so that means I think things are basically the same...got it.
I'm not going to get in an argument over something this stupid, but your post that I referred to originally is comical.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 05-19-2016 at 08:34 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #105
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm not going to get in an argument over something this stupid, but your post that I referred to originally is comical.
Like yours wasn't? Talk about putting words into people's mouths.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #106
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Like yours wasn't? Talk about putting words into people's mouths.
Yeah yeah. Moving on...
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:10 PM   #107
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
It's a shame that we actually have some good news about the arena and it gets derailed with the same old discussion. I get it that a few of you do not like Cronin and that's your right. But arguing these same points here time and time again in thread after thread will not remove him as coach. All it does it piss off many of the readers that come on here for info on the Cats
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #108
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
What's up with all the adds on this site?
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:13 PM   #109
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
It's a shame that we actually have some good news about the arena and it gets derailed with the same old discussion. I get it that a few of you do not like Cronin and that's your right. But arguing these same points here time and time again in thread after thread will not remove him as coach. All it does it piss off many of the readers that come on here for info on the Cats
Amen, could not agree more with this
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #110
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
This. I regret biting on the original bait and making it worse, but I was tired of it as well. I'm amped for this new arena. It will so be worth playing off-campus for a year. If we get hot, I could see us selling out another entire season at the Shoe like in 1999-00. It will take a great team and some serious dedication, though. Will probably also require entry into the Big 12. We shall see.