Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-08-2016, 03:20 PM   #21
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
This isn't all that surprising. The kid is under the radar and most bigger schools haven't caught on yet. The kid can shoot. I don't care who else he is interested in and picking between, if he can put the ball in the basket that's good enough for me.
Part of me agrees with this, but another part is thinking "Really? Not a single other big-name school is in the mix?" I certainly trust our staff's judgement, especially since we'll probably have quite a few schollys open for 2017, but it seems odd. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on him, hoping he blows up a bit in his senior season (if he commits here, that is).
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Part of me agrees with this, but another part is thinking "Really? Not a single other big-name school is in the mix?" I certainly trust our staff's judgement, especially since we'll probably have quite a few schollys open for 2017, but it seems odd. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on him, hoping he blows up a bit in his senior season (if he commits here, that is).
Ill take a 6'5" shooter no questions asked. SFA gets pretty good players, I have no problem with them being on the list. The rest is underwhelming. But if he can shoot, he can shoot.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #23
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I'll gladly welcome the guy. We need a shooter and from the looks of it, he can shoot. Sucks we have to wait a month basically.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:40 PM   #24
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I'll gladly welcome the guy. We need a shooter and from the looks of it, he can shoot. Sucks we have to wait a month basically.
I agree. I'll take a spot shooter. We will miss Cobb this upcoming year, but not his height. 6'5" I'll take. Hopefully he wants to come to Cincy and not stay in Texas.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #25
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
This isn't all that surprising. The kid is under the radar and most bigger schools haven't caught on yet. The kid can shoot. I don't care who else he is interested in and picking between, if he can put the ball in the basket that's good enough for me.
Nah something lacking. He's not 6'1-6'2 J, he's an legit 6'5 that's a sniper. Don't get me wrong im taking him but don't hold my offer hostage over schools like sfa.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #26
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
He's getting a lot a love from UC fans on social media, just like Cane Broome did. That plays a big part now-a-days. Everyone wants to feel like they are famous.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #27
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I agree. I'll take a spot shooter. We will miss Cobb this upcoming year, but not his height. 6'5" I'll take. Hopefully he wants to come to Cincy and not stay in Texas.
You guys some hypocrites. Now if the list was uc duke ky Kansas texas we wouldn't have zero chance in hell let you guys tell it. Now the list is reversed we us being the big dogs and we're not 100% lock? I'll take him asap just dont like lack of respect he's giving our name.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #28
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Chad. Has he been to campus yet?
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #29
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
He's getting a lot a love from UC fans on social media, just like Cane Broome did. That plays a big part now-a-days. Everyone wants to feel like they are famous.
Be as loud as possible. 100% the masses of the players want attention
Old 06-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #30
Bulldog01
Banned

How many open scholarships we have for this class?