Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 5+ 19 61.29%
UC wins by 1-4 6 19.35%
UCLA wins by 1-4 0 0%
UCLA wins by 5+ 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #351
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Re- watching the game and I have to say Keith Williams is going to be a player if he finds a outside stroke.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #352
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
It's also easy to see a second time that we got very nice PG play from both kids.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:02 AM   #353
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Re- watching the game and I have to say Keith Williams is going to be a player if he finds a outside stroke.
that back cut he made, loved it. with more experience he'll draw the foul or finish.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #354
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I rewatched the game. Pretty sure we only had 18 points with 4 minutes and then just kicked the offense in to high gear
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #355
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i dont really think there is anything to back that up.

he's good enough to get the team a lead but not good enough to keep it? that seems sorta silly to me.

we need to get over thinking broome is turnover prone, he's proven through the last 4 that he isn't.
Right lol.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #356
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i can understand jenifer has a lower TO rate. but if we can agree broome is the better overall player, and broome is better to play with a smaller lead, why on earth must you bring in jenifer with a 13 point lead.

win percentage probably doesn't go up at all bringing jenifer in. so you are playing jenifer just to give him minutes.

but i also never said jenifer shouldn't have played, i only said broome was the wrong guy to pull.

but i still dont see a reason to pull broome with a 13 point lead, i really dont. and i understand the turnover rate, but if a 6 point lead is safer with broome, how on earth is a 13 point lead at risk with broome.

it looks more to me like cronin just wants them getting even minutes. and that takes me back to 2014 and it makes me depressed and fearful.
Maybe I'm incorrect here, I'll have to rewatch but I thought jj came in to handle the ball at the end of the game after evans threw a pass out of bounds in broomes direction. Im not knocking cane cause i think he is the better player but cronin wanted a true ball handler to handle the pressure and evans wasnt coming out.

Evans and broome are basically two guards and if you look at the half court offense cronin runs, the pg gives the ball up 90% of the time at the top of the key... they aren't really running the offense through the pg. But when it comes to handling the press at the end of the game jj's skills were needed.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #357
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Maybe I'm incorrect here, I'll have to rewatch but I thought jj came in to handle the ball at the end of the game after evans threw a pass out of bounds in broomes direction. Im not knocking cane cause i think he is the better player but cronin wanted a true ball handler to handle the pressure and evans wasnt coming out.

Evans and broome are basically two guards and if you look at the half court offense cronin runs, the pg gives the ball up 90% of the time at the top of the key... they aren't really running the offense through the pg. But when it comes to handling the press at the end of the game jj's skills were needed.

you are right, that is when mick made the switch. but they were pressing before that happened and cane never once had an issue with it. hard to fault cane for evans' mistake
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #358
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Also, there is serious value is there not being a ton of tape on Cane broome within this offense once we get into conference play.

Its probably a great thing that Cane hasn't shown everything he can do. You can't take something away if you don't know it exists.

Im downloading and putting the full game together now from Synergy and am going to re-watch it.
Are you allowed to YouTube that?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #359
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
I don't think Mick is splitting minutes. Yesterday was a bit telling in how he values each. When he feels he needs offense he uses Cane and when he needs stability and wants to control the clock and tempo he uses JJ. Example was how at end of game and UCLA was fouling and pressing he had JJ in the game. He also did a good jog. Hitting 5-6 from the line and not turning ball over. When he was looking to push the ball a bit more and needed scoring he went to Cane. I think Mick values the strengths of each of their games and tries to use the accordingly.

Was also nice to see Williams start to step up. He plays very good defense and hiis game going to the glass may be the best on the team. If he works on his perimeter game he will become a force.
agree
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:05 PM   #360
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
DVR or did you find it somewhere?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote