Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-22-2017, 07:55 PM   #161
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by collards View Post
I didn't say Broome. I said an in-coming frosh was compared to Nick. Take time to read please.
Nobody has ever said an incoming frosh is similar to NVE. Now, many have said Broome reminds them of NVE.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:14 AM   #162
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by collards View Post
I didn't say Broome. I said an in-coming frosh was compared to Nick. Take time to read please.
There isnt one
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #163
dbieon12
Elite Member

dbieon12 is on a distinguished road
Each passing year and at best marginal gains in offensive production. Cronin's system is a joke when you don't have a pure scorer/shooter (Cash, Kilpatrick, Lance, etc.). Look how far Evans has "progressed": he can't even get consistent separation from defenders, he's afraid to take jumpshots, and he's not committing to driving the lane..

Last edited by dbieon12; 03-24-2017 at 03:03 PM.
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #164
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
Each passing year and at best marginal gains in offensive production. Cronin's system is a joke when you don't have a pure scorer/shooter (Cash, Kilpatrick, Lance, etc.). Look how far Evans has "progressed": he can't even get consistent separation from defenders, he's afraid to take jumpshots, and he's not committing to driving the lane..
Youre oblivious if you don't think Evans is about the same as Kilpatrick was. Not much separation so don't really understand what you're saying?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #165
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
There isnt one
Yeah, what is this guy talking about?
Old 03-24-2017, 03:11 PM   #166
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Afraid to take jump shots? He shot jumpers too often IMO. You never want to build an offense around jump shots. Too hard to be consistent. You build it around getting easy shots for the personnel you have. Evans is uber athletic so he will be more successful when he can get to the rim. The fact that he has a nice jump shot will force defenders to play him honestly. His stats are right in line with SK through 2 years. If he ends up a 2,000 point scorer, is that good enough for you? What more do you want?

If you were to say that you want him to be more assertive on offense, I would completely agree with that. Next year will be his team as the best player and an upper classman. This year was Troy's team. Watch for Jacob to take a big step forward from a leadership position next year.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:12 PM   #167
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think Evans has progressed well. If you expect these guys to come back from the summer and be an all American you're fooling yourself. That rarely happens
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #168
GarradJ21
Epic Member

I'm still really impressed with Cumberland. I'll be honest, I had my doubts about him. Really didn't know if he would be able to shoot that well, he proved me wrong. I figured he could get some tough baskets just having a bigger build, but didn't think he was going to be able to do it this well as a freshman in college. I was really impressed and maybe more impressed with him than I was with Evans at the end of Evans' freshman year, however Evans ended the year with 26 points in a tournament game was pretty impressive. Anyways, the point is not to try and compare them but more so be extremely excited for next year. Add in Keith Williams, this will be something special on the wings.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #169
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I'm still really impressed with Cumberland. I'll be honest, I had my doubts about him. Really didn't know if he would be able to shoot that well, he proved me wrong. I figured he could get some tough baskets just having a bigger build, but didn't think he was going to be able to do it this well as a freshman in college. I was really impressed and maybe more impressed with him than I was with Evans at the end of Evans' freshman year, however Evans ended the year with 26 points in a tournament game was pretty impressive. Anyways, the point is not to try and compare them but more so be extremely excited for next year. Add in Keith Williams, this will be something special on the wings.
Cumberland is going to be a great college player. Will probably average 16+ every year from here on out. He just scores.

I also think Evans is going to have a great college career. He isn't as aggressive as cumberland, which is he's biggest weakness. But he's defense is elite in my opinion. Glad we have both
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #170
GarradJ21
Epic Member

I really think Evans will get to the league.