Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 12-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #51
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Hope they stay away and get some other big name.
Could very much come down to Rashad Vaughn's decision.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #52
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
Hope they stay away and get some other big name.
I think they already have 4 commits and targeting some more 5 stars...It will really come down to how many turn pro of the current team.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #53
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
NextUpRecruits.com ‏@NextUpRecruits
(2014/6'4/SG) Torian Graham of Chipola drops a smooth 20pts(8-11) in 91-69 win over Central GA Tech with Cincinnati in attendance.

Waiting on the UK offer but Cincy putting on the full court press.
Let's convince him he's number 1 not a standby option. Stop waiting on a date to the prom and come play where you're wanted young man.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #54
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Let's convince him he's number 1 not a standby option. Stop waiting on a date to the prom and come play where you're wanted young man.
Absolutely!!!!!!! I wonder what Coach Cal tells these kids to make them ok with sitting the bench when they could go to other good basketball programs and be stars?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #55
kg5

kg5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Absolutely!!!!!!! I wonder what Coach Cal tells these kids to make them ok with sitting the bench when they could go to other good basketball programs and be stars?
probably says "do you want to be ranked in the top five and have a chance to win a national title"
kg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #56
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg5 View Post
probably says "do you want to be ranked in the top five and have a chance to win a national title"
My response to that would be "or you could be Kyle Wiltjer, who, after being the 19th rated recruit, transferred following an NIT loss to Robert Morris."
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:38 AM   #57
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
I really think a player like Graham would be wise going where he is guaranteed playing time. UK goes after 5-star recruits... Graham isn't their 1st, 2nd, or even 5th option. If he were coming out of high school, he could try it out for 2 years and if he never cracks the rotation, he can transfer. But since he only has 2 years of eligibility left, it is way too risky to go to UK. Time for him is precious, and he can't afford to warm the bench for 2 years because that's all the eligibility he has.

I think he has a better chance of making it to the NBA coming to Cincinnati than he does going to Kentucky. He might have a better chance of winning a championship there, but it won't mean as much if he doesn't play big minutes. I'm not saying he can't play at UK, but his chances are much better here...
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:49 AM   #58
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I hope he realizes that. I scoured a half-dozen or so UK blogs and message boards and found nary a word about him. When I did find something about him, the response from the UK fan base seemed to be: "Meh."

An example of what a message board user said in regards to Graham: "No offense to the kid, but if he wasn't good enough for an offer the first time around, why would he be now?"

Cincinnati is going all-out for Graham, the fans really want him, and he will come here and likely start right away. OR, he can go to UK, where the fans couldn't give a damn less about him signing, and scrap with a bunch of 5-star guys to make the rotation. Maybe he starts at UK and produces... maybe he never gets the chance he deserves because the roster is too crowded.

He will be better served by coming to Cincinnati.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #59
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Unfortunately, a UK offer is more like floor seats to the NBA Finals than a date to the prom.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #60
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
Unfortunately, a UK offer is more like floor seats to the NBA Finals than a date to the prom.
UK already has a commitment from a shooting guard in Devin Booker (5 star according to ESPN)
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote