Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be outcome of the UConn game?
UC wins by 21+ 8 30.77%
UC wins by 13-20 13 50.00%
UC wins by 1-12 3 11.54%
UConn wins 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #121
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
or a team just gets really hot at the right time. Nova shot 36.2% from 3 as a team that year.

but in the tournament they were 56-112 50% exactly. and that includes a 4-18 game vs kansas.
I know they're not playing that well ATO, but I still believe we have guys that can light it up to. I really think our biggest problem has been being on for 40 minutes. IMO that's what needs to change the most, no more of these lulls where we let teams build a lead or negate ours.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #122
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I know they're not playing that well ATO, but I still believe we have guys that can light it up to. I really think our biggest problem has been being on for 40 minutes. IMO that's what needs to change the most, no more of these lulls where we let teams build a lead or negate ours.
I don't really mean not well, but not FF run and not as a team, but individually I think there are still a couple guys who can/will take it up a notch come tourney time. Mainly, Evans, Clark, and Cumberland.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #123
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
What is the point here? Most years there's usually a few teams that make a deep run that haven't had much previous tourney success. Of course the bigger programs have more sustained success. Are we complaining about not being a bigger program?
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #124
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
What I don't want to see:

The same starting lineup. Then we win. Then we act like the Broome crowd was worried about nothing bc we got back on track.
I'm not using this comparison because they're both point guards. But in 1992 I was in college. AD Jackson was our returning point guard, Nick Van Exel was coming off the bench and killing it.

If memory serves, we were 18 and 0. Then we lost. That was Bob's chance. He respectfully took Jackson out, inserted Nick Van Exel. Final four here we come.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:11 PM   #125
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The Bengals thing is about the tone. Always getting people to believe it can be different this time...but ultimately getting too scared to really go for it. Then getting really defensive about it afterwards and coming up with stupid reasons why you had to do things the way you're comfortable doing them, even if year after year it results in going home early.

It's not too late for this team. I just want to be shown that we're willing to go down with a fight and change things up to try to spark us down the stretch. Just deciding to not a change a thing sends a terrifying message. I am legitimately scared. I am so scared that Cronin will get stubborn, dig in, and lose early with Broome or Washington riding the pine. I am so scared of that. So scared.
Man, I'm behind on the threads. But your tone sounds about as it was on Sunday. Not sure if people will be feeling better when I get to the thread I mean the part of the thread from today.

That lost hit us all hard.

I'm hoping but since it's wide open and anybody can lose in the first or second round, we play up a little bit and get at least to the second weekend. I can see two seeds and losing in the second round this year
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:25 PM   #126
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Man, I'm behind on the threads. But your tone sounds about as it was on Sunday. Not sure if people will be feeling better when I get to the thread I mean the part of the thread from today.

That lost hit us all hard.

I'm hoping but since it's wide open and anybody can lose in the first or second round, we play up a little bit and get at least to the second weekend. I can see two seeds and losing in the second round this year
I'm pretty down about the team. We have to beg and plead for the best players to be allowed to start and play. But no. Coach is set in his ways. The story has already been written unless we decide to change it up. But we won't.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:29 PM   #127
Zdiddy513

Zdiddy513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm pretty down about the team. We have to beg and plead for the best players to be allowed to start and play. But no. Coach is set in his ways. The story has already been written unless we decide to change it up. But we won't.
Mick Cronin is the smartest man in the city and u can't question that. He sees them everyday in practice!!! Even though it is clear as day to every fan that Broome should get the Lion's share of minutes, u can't undermine coach! Just watch he will prove u all wrong in the tourney.
Zdiddy513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:37 PM   #128
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
I'm not using this comparison because they're both point guards. But in 1992 I was in college. AD Jackson was our returning point guard, Nick Van Exel was coming off the bench and killing it.

If memory serves, we were 18 and 0. Then we lost. That was Bob's chance. He respectfully took Jackson out, inserted Nick Van Exel. Final four here we come.
I was thinking about this same thing today.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:26 AM   #129
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Just hit open shots and we will be fine.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:44 AM   #130
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am not down on the team as much as I am about how coach is using them. I still think we have a very good squad with at least 5 very good offensive players and at least a couple excellent defensive guys. If we play the best players and play them the right way we are still a top 10 team. If not...we are a top 25 team.

We need to get back to taking advantage of how well rounded we are on offense. Enough with getting below average production from our wing turned PG. Let's get Cane in there and let all 5 of these guys go to work and share the ball. Let them play their positions.

That's about it. If we don't have any sets that are working then let Cane fly around a little bit and see if he can create some good movement. Get the bigs outside and let them shoot a little if they are getting doubled every time. They can make open shots. Who's gonna block Kyle's shot out there? Try something different if you don't like these ideas...just experiment a little over the next few games.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote