Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Here's an odd stat: Keith Williams is 12 for 17 (71%) on 2-point field goals, and 0% (0-8 from 3, 0-5 from the line) on everything else.
He was 0-5 in exhibition from 3 as well...not that anyone is counting...lol. His shot is funky but it looks like his mid range is hitting and obviously layups are a good idea.

Last edited by waterhead; 11-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
Here's an odd stat: Keith Williams is 12 for 17 (71%) on 2-point field goals, and 0% (0-8 from 3, 0-5 from the line) on everything else.
Is this odd or Is he not a good shooter?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #13
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I'd grade him an average shooter. Not a knock down guy, but certainly better than he has shown so far...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:34 AM   #14
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
I'd grade him an average shooter. Not a knock down guy, but certainly better than he has shown so far...
I still think he’s a good player. He’s shooting will improve still going to have a good career
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #15
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He has to be better than 0-fer. Hell, I'm pretty confident I could at least hit a free throw...& give me 8 tries at a 3, and who knows? One might luck in! (on a bank?)

It might be nice if Eliel Nsoseme could sink a FT once in a while. Diarra looks decent at the line
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #16
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I still think he’s a good player. He’s shooting will improve still going to have a good career
We have had many wings over the years shooting in the low 30's and even a couple sub 30% shooters from 3. Most of them (if not all) could not drive the ball like Williams can. I just hope he is not a sub 30% kind of guy. I would take low 30's from him with his driving ability.

I think he will get it going and eventually be a 30% plus shooter. Maybe not this year but eventually.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #17
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
He has to be better than 0-fer. Hell, I'm pretty confident I could at least hit a free throw...& give me 8 tries at a 3, and who knows? One might luck in! (on a bank?)

It might be nice if Eliel Nsoseme could sink a FT once in a while. Diarra looks decent at the line
Nsoseme is hopeless on FT. I agree Diarra looks good. He's a good shooter in general. If he learns how to play, look the f out.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #18
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Keith Williams is a much better shooter than he has shown both 3 pointers and free throws. In the semi- finals of his league championship he made 9of 10 in the 4 quarter and overtime. I hope he breaks out in the Caymans so everybody gives this a rest. Nsoseme might not make 50 percent of his ft's.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:10 PM   #19
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
Keith Williams is a much better shooter than he has shown both 3 pointers and free throws. In the semi- finals of his league championship he made 9of 10 in the 4 quarter and overtime. I hope he breaks out in the Caymans so everybody gives this a rest. Nsoseme might not make 50 percent of his ft's.
He did make 2-6 in the red and black game. I would be happy if he can shoot that percentage from 3.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #20
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
He did make 2-6 in the red and black game. I would be happy if he can shoot that percentage from 3.
I remember Jacob struggled with his shot for the majority of his freshman year until late and he is obviously a good shooter, so hopefully it is just nerves or getting use to the college game.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote