Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 NJ ATH Miles Shuler (Offer)

Athlete
Long Branch, NJ (Long Branch)

Ht:5'11"
Wt:173 lbs
40:4.38 secs
Bench Max:235
Squat Max:375
GPA:3.8

Plays quarterback. Being looked at as a running back in college.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC, Michigan, Pitt, Rutgers, WV, Stanford, UConn, BC, Northwestern.

Interest from Cal, ND, Oregon, UCLA.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

But during Purple Reign’s recent chat with three-star prospect Miles Shuler, the Long Branch, N.J., prospect gushed about Northwestern. So much so that one could be forgiven for thinking that, at the moment, Northwestern is the best bet to land Shuler.

His early interest is due, in part, to Northwestern’s early interest in him. NU, after all, was the second school to offer Shuler.
“I will always have that thing for Northwestern,” Shuler said. “They actually recruited me the heaviest, you know, they showed me a lot of attention. I love coach Fitzgerald. He’s energetic, he’s young. Coach Fitz is just a great coach and they have a great football system down there. I will always stay in contact with them just like I have been.”

Purple Reign caught up with Shuler as he was planning a call to NU coaches to talk visit. And when asked which schools, along with Northwestern, Shuler planned on visiting, there wasn’t a laundry list: “Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Northwestern – I know that for a fact.”
Contrast that with another Northwestern target like, say, Wayne Lyons, the four-star safety from Florida who says he has no idea which schools he is visiting. To be fair, Lyons has more than 30 offers (compared to about 10 for Shuler) and it’d be much harder for him to have sliced his massive list down just yet.

But Shuler has options too. The 5-10, 165-pounder has offers from Stanford, Michigan, Boston College and numerous others, yet he “knows for a fact” that Northwestern is one of the schools he’s visiting.
Besides NU’s early interest, Shuler has other reasons why he’s so high on the Wildcats. Echoing what Jordan Walsh said last week, Shuler is excited that (a) coach Pat Fitzgerald genuinely bleeds purple and (b) per his 2009 contract extension, Fitz figures to be entrenched for years to come.

“That’s a really big thing,” Shuler, who has been clocked at 4.38, said. “I know that coach Fitzgerald is staying there, he’s going to stay for the next seven or eight years. That’s a big thing. Coach Lane Kiffin went from Tennessee to USC, other coaches are jumping around, and I just know that coach Fitz is staying at Northwestern. That’s big for me.”
So, too, is NU’s spread offense, which Shuler spoke about giddily.

“Ah man,” Shuler said, “that’s awesome, that spread offense. I watched that (Outback) bowl game and I couldn’t believe it. They threw it 78 times.
“And the wide receivers were good, they were fine, but they didn’t have that speed to take it the distance. I’m thinking with my speed” – and here Shuler uses a voice like

http://northwestern.scout.com/2/952079.html
Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0trr3cu330Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy5z6Ydq0_o
Old 03-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

Updated: March 8, 2010, 1:05 PM ET
Philadelphia Nike Combine

Shuler, a 5-foot-10, 166 pounder with several scholarship offers already in tow, had a huge day that included a 4.48 40 and a combine-best 41.6-inch vertical jump on his way to a 116.82 SPARQ Rating.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=4976253
Old 04-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

Visited Pitt. Would like to see him come out for a practice. I'm sure the distance isn't helping UC in recruiting Jersey players.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Plays QB in HS, but will be a WR or DB in college. Elite speed, currently holds the #2 national 55 yd dash time in HS track (6.35 seconds).

http://www.tharinger.com/forums/show...8707#post58707
Old 04-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Offered by Vandy.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Long Branch junior quarterback/defensive back Miles Shuler is now up to 11 Division I scholarship offers, according to George. A tremendous all-around athlete who is one of the fastest players in New Jersey, Shuler projects as a slot receiver at most programs. His current top three is Northwestern, Rutgers and Pittsburgh, according to George.

https://allshoremedia.net/index.php?...res&Itemid=157
Old 04-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Shuler up to 12 offers, Boston College, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Duke, Maryland, Michigan, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Stanford, Vanderbilt and West Virginia.

Florida and PSU may be the next to offer.

http://www.goldhelmet.com/showthread...815#post228815