Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 09-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #51
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Cincinnati HC Mick Cronin & Indiana HC Tom Crean will meet w/ my man 2016 G @Iam_RawleAlkins on Wed. at Christ the King. Rick Pitino Thurs.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #52
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
Cincinnati HC Mick Cronin & Indiana HC Tom Crean will meet w/ my man 2016 G @Iam_RawleAlkins on Wed. at Christ the King. Rick Pitino Thurs.
Pitino needs to go away. Going against him and Bill Self is going to be a heck of a challenge. If he is Lance 2.0 that could really help us.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #53
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Pat Lawless ‏@GiveNGobball · 2h
Rawle Alkins, Class of 2016 SG from Christ The King (NY), just announced that he has picked up an offer from Florida.

Pat Lawless ‏@GiveNGobball · 1h
Seton Hall Head Coach Kevin Willard will watch Rawle Alkins, Class of 2016 SG from Christ The King (NY), this Friday during his open gym.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #54
TheInfoMan

TheInfoMan is on a distinguished road
Providence is in to see Atkins today.
TheInfoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #55
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
I doubt the cats gain a commitment from this kid, but I'm glad we're in the thick of it.
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #56
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedogg27 View Post
I doubt the cats gain a commitment from this kid, but I'm glad we're in the thick of it.
While I agree, I'm assuming you're just saying that because of the teams we're going up against in recruiting this kid. Keep in mind we've landed quite a few kids that had offers from some top programs. A lot of these kids don't simply go to the biggest name.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #57
crimedogg27

crimedogg27 is on a distinguished road
Your assumption is correct. I'm just basing this belief off the previous encounters with highly rated recruits in the Mick Cronin era. Outside of a few exceptions (Lawrence, Gates (home town kid), Lance (few other options left)) Mick has trouble landing top-25 recruits, it's not a knock against him, it's just the nature of the beast. When the big boys come knockin', it's just hard to compete with their resources.
crimedogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #58
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedogg27 View Post
Your assumption is correct. I'm just basing this belief off the previous encounters with highly rated recruits in the Mick Cronin era. Outside of a few exceptions (Lawrence, Gates (home town kid), Lance (few other options left)) Mick has trouble landing top-25 recruits, it's not a knock against him, it's just the nature of the beast. When the big boys come knockin', it's just hard to compete with their resources.
This is true but the fact this kid is in NY is good for UC. That area has been a recruiting success for Mick and this staff.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #59
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Rawle Alkins ‏@Iam_RawleAlkins 24m
Head coach of cincinatti and assist man Cronin and Savino came to see me today at my school ,… http://instagram.com/p/tWGl9HyxRG/
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #60
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Rawle Alkins ‏@Iam_RawleAlkins 24m
Head coach of cincinatti and assist man Cronin and Savino came to see me today at my school ,… http://instagram.com/p/tWGl9HyxRG/
That's weird, I didn't see two T's on coaches shirt..ha but seriously this is awesome. I hope they keep staying on him!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote