Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the Bearcats this year?
30-31 10 26.32%
28-29 12 31.58%
26-27 13 34.21%
24-25 3 7.89%
23 or fewer 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #51
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Alright, little less optimism than I expected. Maybe because we underachieved last year (tournament), idk.. seems like a lot of people are going with 5-7 losses. That sounds like worst case scenario to me. Would like to find my guess from last year but that's a lot of digging although I may look anyway. If I remember correctly I guessed perfect the second half of the season and was one game of the whole year. This year we know we've got a couple tough OCC games. Xavier, FL, UCLA and Iowa who's probably gonna be better than people think. But still shouldn't be a problem for our team, just to athletic for them. I think we 3-1 those 4 games. And honestly despite what one person said, no team is just flat out better than us this year. We have great play at every position and the deepest bench we've had in recent memory. I think we split Wichita state, and stumble once or twice, possibly to UCF, maybe SMU. Teams just have off nights and we will get caught by someone even if we are that much better. That being said, I put this as a best case 2/3 loss team, worst case 5. But if I had to guess a specific number I'm gonna say 27-4 just to be safe. And a number 2 seed in the tourney if we win conference tourney, 3/4 if we lose.

Last edited by Jon Rycek; 11-08-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:50 PM   #52
UC86

UC86 is on a distinguished road
I'll say 27-4 with losses @SMU, @Wichita State, @UCF, and Florida.
UC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #53
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
I'm switching from 24-7 to 26-5
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #54
cincyfan21

cincyfan21 is on a distinguished road
Just joining the party...

Prediction is 28-3 with losses against Florida, @UCF, and @WSU. Xavier is a toss up and I think there is a possibility to drop one to SMU but I just see Cincy and WSU wiping the floor this year in the American. Too much depth and scoring.
cincyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #55
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Yes Cincyfan I love it. I really think 28-3 is very possible for this team, I don't even consider it a reach. I played it safe with 27-4 but I was right there hoping between 3-4 losses lol.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #56
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

How could you have ever thought we were losing 7 games lol. Yeah we play some better teams but we are gonna be so much better than last year not sure why you'd think our wins would regress lol. Have some faith we got this. But record is just a record, I know our will be good this year. What I want is some wins in the tournament. We have a real chance of getting a top for seed this year even a 2/3 seed seems fairly likely at this point. We aren't gonna have that tough second round game as usual. This team needs to make a run to become relevant again. We are already starting to see this program reachi ng new heights every year. And mick is young, he can make thi s go on for a long long time. Just gotta keep getting better. Anyway, to me anything less than elite 8 this year is a disappointment.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #57
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
29-2 my friends. Losses @UCLA and @WSU. First place in the AAC and AAC champs. 2 seed.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #58
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Here are my predictions for the season. I think I came pretty damn close last year.

Savannah State : W
Western Carolina : W
Coppin State
: W
Buffalo* : W
Richmond or UAB* : W
Iowa, Louisiana, South Dakota State or Wyoming*
:W
Alabama State: W
@Xavier: W
Florida* : L
Missisippi State : W
@UCLA: L
Arkansas-Pine Bluff: W
Cleveland State : W
Memphis
@Temple : W
SMU : W
@USF : W
@UCF : L
ECU : W
Temple
@Memphis : L
Houston : W
@UCONN : L
UCF : W
@SMU : L
@Houston: W
Wichita State : W
UCONN : W
Tulsa : W
@Tulane : W
@Wichita State : L

24-7

Summary: 24-7 feels like a drop off from last year but our conference is so much better. Even playing at NKU, I expect UC to protect home court and continue its 26 game win streak.

I'm boldly predicting a victory at Cintas center. Cronin has never entered Cintas with this much offensive fire power. Lets punk them on the glass and face guard Blueitt all the way to victory.

I expect UCF to hand us our first conference loss of the season. We just seem to play bad in Orlando. However if we hit some 3's, we can easily beat them. Were better. Just need to shoot well and get tacko in foul trouble. I'll also predict one upset loss and its to memphis, who we just can't seem to beat in Fedex forum. Another game where we massively out talent them but need to shoot well in that large NBA arena.

I do think we split the series with UCONN. They will have a fire their belly to beat us and finally the talent to do it.

I really wanted to pick UC to finish 26-5 but we have some tough stretches that just seem really tough to walk away with out some bruises.
This is hilarious. Losing 4 road games to UCF, Memphis, UCONN and SMU. We are gonna have 5 conference loses when we had all of 2 last year with a not as good team? Ahhaha
Old 12-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #59
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
This is hilarious. Losing 4 road games to UCF, Memphis, UCONN and SMU. We are gonna have 5 conference loses when we had all of 2 last year with a not as good team? Ahhaha
I love that your stalking my posts as if I’m the enemy of the Bearcats. You got me pinned as negative poster. The reality is I’ve been disappointed with scheduling and disappointed with how we played against Xavier and Florida. That’s it.

I mean I predicted we’d have 2 losses In non conference and we did. Winning on the road in this conference won’t be a cake walk like last year. UCF held smu to 56 points in there own gym and they don’t have bj Taylor back. Smu has a home court record just as good as ours. Houston is going to be really tough. Wichita state rarely loses in Koch arena, and we never play well @temple. Tell me where I’m off base?

Winning on the road against good teams is really ******* hard.

I mean, are you going to predict that we only take 2 losses? I’ll gkadly hope your right, but I’m a realist. I want to protect home court, and steal a few road wins
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #60
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Also keep in mind I made these predictions BEFORE a single game was played.

Obviously UConn under achieved , Houston over achieved

Quit being butthurt.

Hopefully your donating to the program and are a season ticket holder
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote