Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #11
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,528
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Lucky I saved some vacation days. I hope itís enough time to use the bearcat court. I would think is enough time for the swap but I dunno

justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:20 AM   #12
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,528
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Also should be a crazy fast paced game. Savannah state #1 in offensive tempo last year
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:53 AM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
jacobkdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 15,028
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Also should be a crazy fast paced game. Savannah state #1 in offensive tempo last year
Show time!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #14
Bearcat513
Elite Member
 
Bearcat513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,375
Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Savannah State

The warm-up games are over. The road to the Final Four starts Friday against Savannah State. The game is Friday at Noon.

Last year the Tigers played at the fastest adjusted tempo in the nation. Their average possession length was 12.1 seconds while UC's was 18.7. Around 57% of their shots last year were 3-pters while they only made 31%. Their defense was horrendous and they gave up loads of offensive boards.

They will look to play a similar style this year. Run and shoot. Shoot and run. If our 3-pt defense is on, we'll win by 45+. If we let him take open shots, we'll only win by 25-30.

Cats- 102
Tigers- 60

Last edited by Bearcat513; 11-07-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #15
Bearcat513
Elite Member
 
Bearcat513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,375
Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Looking for much of what we saw during the exhibition and scrimmage. Push the pace when we get a rebound, quick passing, and pressure them constantly. However, I don't want us to pass too much. Sometimes I felt like an extra pass was made when it was unnecessary. Think the starters build up a huge lead and then let the reserves get some PT. Can't get lazy on defense like we did on Sunday and let them go on a little run.

Think Cumberland leads the way in points again. Then Washington will be a close second.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
jacobkdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 15,028
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Looking for much of what we saw during the exhibition and scrimmage. Push the pace when we get a rebound, quick passing, and pressure them constantly. However, I don't want us to pass too much. Sometimes I felt like an extra pass was made when it was unnecessary. Think the starters build up a huge lead and then let the reserves get some PT. Can't get lazy on defense like we did on Sunday and let them go on a little run.

Think Cumberland leads the way in points again. Then Washington will be a close second.
Agreed on all counts.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #17
Bearcat513
Elite Member
 
Bearcat513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,375
Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Forgot you made this thread a month ago! Thanks for consolidating.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #18
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
jacobkdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 15,028
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Forgot you made this thread a month ago! Thanks for consolidating.
Haha I was on it! Yeah there's a tool to easily merge the threads so it takes no time at all.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #19
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,595
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
The warm-up games are over. The road to the Final Four starts Friday against Savannah State. The game is Friday at Noon.

Last year the Tigers played at the fastest adjusted tempo in the nation. Their average possession length was 12.1 seconds while UC's was 18.7. Around 57% of their shots last year were 3-pters while they only made 31%. Their defense was horrendous and they gave up loads of offensive boards.

They will look to play a similar style this year. Run and shoot. Shoot and run. If our 3-pt defense is on, we'll win by 45+. If we let him take open shots, we'll only win by 25-30.

Cats- 102
Tigers- 60
With a fast tempo I could see this one getting to 110+ points. Hopefully it's a 40+ point win.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
justinhub2003
Epic Member
 
justinhub2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,528
justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
This team lead the nation in made 3ís last year. If they break our press expect a 3 point shot shortly after. This game will test out perimeter defense. I expect at least 35 attempts from 3 for savannah state
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.