Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #1
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
AAC Coaches Poll

Insider article on ESPN. Cincinnati is picked to finish 4th (16 points behind 3rd and 16 points ahead of 5th).

One coach said:
Quote:
On Cincinnati potentially falling out of the top four: "I'm not sure they are going to finish in the top four this season. They lost a lot -- not just [Sean] Kilpatrick. Everyone just assumes that because they are a Big East team, they are going to finish towards the top, but I think they could finish sixth or seventh. They need to find someone who can shoot it."
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:27 AM   #2
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Insider article on ESPN. Cincinnati is picked to finish 4th (16 points behind 3rd and 16 points ahead of 5th).

One coach said:
I think that quote is pretty accurate actually, across the country people believe this is going to be a rebuilding year for us. Just another chip on the shoulder attitude team which is good for us. That being said we won't finish any higher than 5th in our conference. The top 5 teams are all pretty even, with smu in my mind being the best among the top tier. Temple will be the biggest turnaround by far in are conference, they could be dancing come March, same goes with Houston.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Its funny because when Cronin talked to the crowd he mentioned how the media and everyone would pick UC to finish middle of the pack etc etc. But the last time he checked when they do that we have a share of the trophy But I believe that is an accurate prediction. Now its up to our guys to prove it wrong! I have some concerns with the team just because of the inexperience. But it should be fun to watch them develope into a solid team.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
I think 4th is pretty fair. On paper, it looks like we are in trouble from an outsider's perspective. But I think we've all seen and heard enough about the young guys on this team to know they are the kind of players Cronin likes to go to battle with. When it's all said and done, I think we will be a team that ends up just on the right side of the bubble in March, with bigger things to come next season. That doesn't mean I'm not any less excited for this season though.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #5
CinciSportsFan

CinciSportsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post

One coach said:
I can see why they're saying that but I disagree. I personally expect any team coached by Cronin to finish in the top 3 no questions asked. It may just be that I am a huge Cronin fan but when you are able to get the effort out of your guys like Cronin can I can never see them having a middle of the pack team.
CinciSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I think we'll win the conference again.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
The committee last year in my mind made a mistake in keeping smu out of the tournament, so it seems like they don't really respect our conference too much, how many teams do you think get in from our conference this year.

at the most I would think 5 all though I feel as if there are a possible 7 teams that could make it.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #8
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
The committee last year in my mind made a mistake in keeping smu out of the tournament, so it seems like they don't really respect our conference too much, how many teams do you think get in from our conference this year.

at the most I would think 5 all though I feel as if there are a possible 7 teams that could make it.
Maximum of 5 bids.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I believe there is a chance for 5 teams to get in. I also think the prediction is fair but Im going to say this. If UC's frontcourt can hold its own, I think the Bearcats will compete for the league championship and finish top 3. By start of league play this is going to be a very good defensive team and though their youth will cause some turnovers Im predicting this will be a pretty good passing team, and because of that they will be better overall offensively.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:15 AM   #10
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Think Cats will be a much more balanced team then last year but replacing the three seniors will be tougher then many people think especially defensively. Should be better by end of year.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote