Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #541
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
The 4 other starters for Chipola are all D-1 top 40 juco players. That could be a factor.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #542
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
I dont really see that happening and I think he is much better served as a college coach and recruiter
It is a very real possiblity. The Lakers are one of the top jobs in the NBA if not the top. Living in LA versus living in Lexington while making the kind of money he will be making is a no brainer. LA has one big contract on the books in Kobe and will be making a run at Kevin Love this off season and many draft picks as well. If he is inclined to jump ship this would be the time and spot to take a serious look at it. He is a great handler of personalities and has sent many a player to the league. Rex Chapman is someone who would definitely be in a possition to hear things. It also wasn't long ago before his NCAA run this year where people in KY were complaining about the one and doners. Where there is smoke there is fire. What else does he have to prove in College. Never forget these guys are driven by huge ego's. I think he has already had conversatins with them and is contemplating the opportunity.

Also consider the changes on the horizon for the NCAA. The Ed O'Bannion case is looming and the unionization of Northwestern. The Laker job sdoesn't come open all the time. He would be foolish not to listen.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #543
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
It is a very real possiblity. The Lakers are one of the top jobs in the NBA if not the top. Living in LA versus living in Lexington while making the kind of money he will be making is a no brainer. LA has one big contract on the books in Kobe and will be making a run at Kevin Love this off season and many draft picks as well. If he is inclined to jump ship this would be the time and spot to take a serious look at it. He is a great handler of personalities and has sent many a player to the league. Rex Chapman is someone who would definitely be in a possition to hear things. It also wasn't long ago before his NCAA run this year where people in KY were complaining about the one and doners. Where there is smoke there is fire. What else does he have to prove in College. Never forget these guys are driven by huge ego's. I think he has already had conversatins with them and is contemplating the opportunity.

Also consider the changes on the horizon for the NCAA. The Ed O'Bannion case is looming and the unionization of Northwestern. The Laker job sdoesn't come open all the time. He would be foolish not to listen.
He did the NBA thing once already. But Chapman said he was going to leave for the lakers and it was a done deal and then a few hours later said he would be surprised if he left UK
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #544
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
He did the NBA thing once already. But Chapman said he was going to leave for the lakers and it was a done deal and then a few hours later said he would be surprised if he left UK
time will tell
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #545
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Meaning?
Against good coaches he does not fare well. Especially with equal talent.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #546
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by handwaver View Post
After seeing all the hype and drooling about this kid, I decided to look at his stats at his Juco school, Chipola. Gotta say I was vastly underwhelmed. Apparently he doesn't even start, scores around 12.9/game with few rebounds, steals etc. What's with all the hyperbole? His stats are not that impressive, although his shooting percentage is good. I thought he must be a 20 pt/game scorer or something. Given that most players underperform as compared to their Juco stats, what's the big deal?

I looked at the box scores for all the games in February & March - he often didn't score in double figures. Why are we so excited about this dude? Someone enlighten me, please...I must be unaware of something.
He was averaging over 20 points a game before the incident that caused him to get suspended. When he came back to the team, he struggled to get back into his game and saw a minute reduction. Also that JUCO team he played on was loaded with several high major D-I prospects to he wasn't the only talented guy. Don't let his stat line fool you, Graham is an immensely talented guard that is expected to be able to be plugged in as a starter for a major program.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #547
bearcats5

bearcats5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by handwaver View Post
His stats are not that impressive, although his shooting percentage is good. I thought he must be a 20 pt/game scorer or something.
He was a 20 ppg scorer with a 3pt% around 50% until the suspension. For some reason, some of the box scores from that period were taken down, including some of his biggest games. Not sure why. After his suspension, it does look like he came back cold (his 3pt% suffered a lot it looks like) and he just couldn't get back in his groove before the season ended. That missed time really messed up the latter part of his season it appears.

Edit: what he said above^^^
bearcats5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #548
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

http://zagsblog.com/articles/tourney...ft-stock-much/

Article on Harrison twins draft stock...
Again, if Kentucky was still in play for Graham, why would 4 people crystal ball him to UC after 3 months of no updates? Why wouldnt they just wait an extra week to see what Kentucky players did?
Isnt it possible he wants to visit UC before committing? His legal issues were just resolved recently, and his season just ended a couple weeks ago. Maybe we're just waiting to get him on campus?
I am not positive of anything obviously, but I think he'll end up a Bearcat.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #549
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
nextuprecruits.com posted on twitter today is national juco hoops signing day
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #550
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote: