Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #101
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Thanks for the info Jeff. From what I've read you seem right on target about Ellis. Hopefully he is learning to channel and control those emotions. I hope him and Thomas are spending a good deal of time in the weight room.

Another bright light in a bad situation could be the counselling MC has referred to for some of the guys after the X game could be paying dividends for Ellis. The team is playing better and it could be the recipients of the suspenions are growing individually as well. Time will tell. The players and the Coach certainly appear to have turned a negative experience into a positive up to this point. Isn't that what life is al about. Learning form our misstakes.
Thomas is noticeably bigger in the shoulders.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #102
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
EvanDanielscoutEvan Daniels
We now have three head coaches in the building for Chris Obekpa. To go with Cronin and Lavin, Connecticut's Jim Calhoun is here.
They failed to mention Jim Calhoun's checkbook was in attendance too.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #103
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
ZING!!
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #104
bcb1224

bcb1224 is on a distinguished road
I just watched some video on this kid. I haven't seen anyone that active around the rim since K-mart. The tip dunk after his teamate was blocked was awesome. I would love to see this kid wearing black and red next year. It would be nice to beat out uconn and calhoun for once. GO CATS.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #105
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so you say uconn pays players?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #106
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb1224 View Post
I just watched some video on this kid. I haven't seen anyone that active around the rim since K-mart. The tip dunk after his teamate was blocked was awesome. I would love to see this kid wearing black and red next year. It would be nice to beat out uconn and calhoun for once. GO CATS.
link please.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #107
bcb1224

bcb1224 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
link please.
just go to youtube and search chris obekpa and the first video is like 2 min and the second is the tip dunk.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #108
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
The thing is...........with our new guard oriented offense, this kid is just what we need. Someone to protect the rim down low, play solid defense, be an intimidator, rebound, and get those cleanup points around the basket. Sounds like he can do all of that. And he'd have 4 years to put together some offensive moves eventually.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #109
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
The thing is...........with our new guard oriented offense, this kid is just what we need. Someone to protect the rim down low, play solid defense, be an intimidator, rebound, and get those cleanup points around the basket. Sounds like he can do all of that. And he'd have 4 years to put together some offensive moves eventually.
Couldnt agree more!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #110
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
If Mick can grab Rubles and Obekpa in this class I will be EXTREMELY happy even though I have my own doubts about Obekpa. While im enjoying this season maybe more than anyone else the thought of what this team would look like next season makes me happy in a special place lol
Closed Thread