Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #71
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i gave up on him ever getting to start a game. still comical to me jenifer played more minutes than broome today.
Three games in three days, got to keep your powder dry
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #72
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
i wonder why we don't use jake at the ft line. or maybe cumberland since he's such a great passer. xavier uses macura and they shred people.
I have also wondered why we don't flash more guards to the high post. My guess is Cronin wants to keep all of the shooters outside. But all five of our starters can hit threes, so I'm not really sure. Cronin has always set up bigs in the high post though.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:27 PM   #73
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Three games in three days, got to keep your powder dry
sure if we played like we should. we didn't wrap that one up till about 4 minutes to go.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #74
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I have also wondered why we don't flash more guards to the high post. My guess is Cronin wants to keep all of the shooters outside. But all five of our starters can hit threes, so I'm not really sure. Cronin has always set up bigs in the high post though.

yeah we have the perfect team to do it. gary struggles there, kyle is ok sometimes. we shouldn't get shut down by that defense the way we do.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #75
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yeah we have the perfect team to do it. gary struggles there, kyle is ok sometimes. we shouldn't get shut down by that defense the way we do.
When you shoot the ball as bad as we did today form 3 and make yourself one dimensional it makes defending us very easy. Couple that with the fact that Evans hardly played in the first half because of picking up two fouls very early in the game. We also got the bad version of our freshman today. Williams and Moore did not have their best games. Actually Broome played more minutes at the wing today then he had in awhile. We also shot 11-19 from the charity strip. We survived and advanced.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 03-09-2018 at 01:43 PM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #76
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
i gave up on him ever getting to start a game. still comical to me jenifer played more minutes than broome today.
Part of that was because our Freshman had off days and Evans played sparingly in the first half after picking up two quick fouls. Cane and JJ played together at times today.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #77
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Didn't get to watch the game.

With Evans and Cumberland not scoring. Gary being solid in the box score but nothing crazy....it's really nice to have a Washington and Broome step up and win the game for you. Luxury.

And that is one reason you can't bench either of them for every silly defensive mistake.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #78
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Didn't get to watch the game.

With Evans and Cumberland not scoring. Gary being solid in the box score but nothing crazy....it's really nice to have a Washington and Broome step up and win the game for you. Luxury.

And that is one reason you can't bench either of them for every silly defensive mistake.
Scott and Brooks also stepped up. Without their contributions we probably lose today. Holding players accountable for not guarding has been around forever. Your shot may not fall which is what happened today but you can always guard. A formula that has us a 2 seed and league champs to this point.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #79
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Scott and Brooks also stepped up. Without their contributions we probably lose today. Holding players accountable for not guarding has been around forever. Your shot may not fall which is what happened today but you can always guard. A formula that has us a 2 seed and league champs to this point.
Yeah that's good to hear. I did get to watch about 2 minutes of action, saw Scott get the ball at the high post, guy not guarding him, took a dribble and made a nice basket. It was terrific. And because his passing can be so good, if he develops that shot to be consistent...he will be much better next year.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #80
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
WHAT SHOOTERS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
WHAT SHOOTERS?
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote