Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get?
1-2 9 14.52%
3 27 43.55%
4 15 24.19%
5 9 14.52%
6 2 3.23%
7 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #581
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Safe to assume whoever drew this image for the NYT likes the Bearcats and hates the Buckeyes.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #582
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Five thirty eight has the bearcats at a 53% chance to reach the elite 8. Only Kansas, Villanova and Virginia have better odds.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #583
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Five thirty eight has the bearcats at a 53% chance to reach the elite 8. Only Kansas, Villanova and Virginia have better odds.
The more I looked and read about our tourney path the more I really love it. Out of all the 7/10 games, I like our matchup with Nevada or Texas. I didn't want to have to play a Big 12 team in the second game but if we do, I am glad it's Texas for sure. Nevada will be tough but I think we can take them, especially after going against good offenses in WSU and Houston lately.

Looking ahead to the Sweet16 game, out of all the #3 seeds, again, glad we are going against Tennessee. Really happy we didn't get Michigan or MSU. So overall, I like our chances to get to ATL.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #584
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
The more I looked and read about our tourney path the more I really love it. Out of all the 7/10 games, I like our matchup with Nevada or Texas. I didn't want to have to play a Big 12 team in the second game but if we do, I am glad it's Texas for sure. Nevada will be tough but I think we can take them, especially after going against good offenses in WSU and Houston lately.

Looking ahead to the Sweet16 game, out of all the #3 seeds, again, glad we are going against Tennessee. Really happy we didn't get Michigan or MSU. So overall, I like our chances to get to ATL.
Agreed. We don't really have anything to complain about as far as having a bad draw this year. Any loss we have prior to the elite 8 will be on us losing to a weaker team.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #585
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

BPI has us as 60% to get to elite 8, 30 to get to the FF. This is awesome lol
Old 03-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #586
Quadri's #1 fan

Quadri's #1 fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
BPI has us as 60% to get to elite 8, 30 to get to the FF. This is awesome lol
It would be especially awesome if we did it.
Quadri's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:29 AM   #587
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Even though some of the metric models like UC's chances I don't see a lot of experts picking us past the sweet 16. Probably because we don't have a go to guy right now. I kind of like us up to the Elite 8. If Evans gets right and we can get some play making out of Cane...I like our chances...but Evans has to be more efficient than he has lately.

On a side note...nobody likes Eggsavier past sweet 16 and some don't even like them getting that far...lol!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #588
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Lunardi finished tied for 70th this year on bracketmatrix. Dave Ommen at Bracketville finished in the top 10 again.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #589
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Lunardi finished tied for 70th this year on bracketmatrix. Dave Ommen at Bracketville finished in the top 10 again.
Bracketville is really a good site.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:54 PM   #590
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Even though some of the metric models like UC's chances I don't see a lot of experts picking us past the sweet 16. Probably because we don't have a go to guy right now. I kind of like us up to the Elite 8. If Evans gets right and we can get some play making out of Cane...I like our chances...but Evans has to be more efficient than he has lately.

On a side note...nobody likes Eggsavier past sweet 16 and some don't even like them getting that far...lol!
I think Xavier's luck runs out this year. And i like us to the elite 8 too, I've seen at least 50% of the expert polls I've looked up say that, think the one on SI I saw last night 5 of the 9 had us going the the elite 8. One guy had us losing to GA state so he doesn't even count lol.