Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #151
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
Who are the big front line players we are recruiting that have solid offensive skills? We are going to need players who can step right in and start since we currently don't have any on the roster to replace Clark and Washington.
I actually like Nsoseme a lot, I’d like him more if he was a better free throw shooter
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #152
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Those are the hardest players to get, especially in the AAAAC. How many bigs that have solid offensive skills from day 1 has Cronin gotten? Gates, Mike williams? Ronald Allen? How many solid offensive bigs are in the league?
Who is Ronald Allen?
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:55 PM   #153
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Who is Ronald Allen?
Well, I hope they make a nice run this year. I am heading to Orlando for the AAC tournament. For me, I won't be satisfied without at least a visit to the sweet 16. Someone on the bench is going to need to step up to give them quality minutes. Broome needs to takeover the PG position for the bulk of the games with JJ playing very limited minutes.
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:26 PM   #154
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
so your saying we'll be playing 3 on 5 on the offensive end next year if Evans returns. Brooks and Scott have zero ability on that end of the floor. It's amazing how consistently ineffective they have been. Clark and Washington both started the first year of eligibility in the program. If Mick doesn't have a magic wand and can't find another big to bring in to start next year, it will be a major recruiting failure considering our ranking and new arena. And with the lineup you list above, good luck winning 15 games.
There will be no more two big men post
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #155
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
There will be no more two big men post
There will be zero big men in the post next year with any offensive ability to score more than one or two buckets per game unless Mick lands a recruit this spring who can come in and start. There is no one on our current roster. Considering there are two SR big men leaving, tons of minutes available, and our program is winning, we need a big with an offensive skill set. Brooks is abysmal. Just shocked that we currently have players that are projects at best for those positions.
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #156
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yes. I guess we could've just started 4 guys in Clark's first year to avoid a first year player having to start lol.

Washington sat out his first year in the program.

Unless something crazy happens, I wouldn't expect someone who has no current affiliation with our program to come in and start at the 4. We can pretend that might happen if we want to though.
I threw Washington in there because his situation was like Broome. As the roster sits now if Evans stays we go small. If Evans leaves you may see a recruit start at the 4.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #157
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, I hope they make a nice run this year. I am heading to Orlando for the AAC tournament. For me, I won't be satisfied without at least a visit to the sweet 16. Someone on the bench is going to need to step up to give them quality minutes. Broome needs to takeover the PG position for the bulk of the games with JJ playing very limited minutes.
Really think you hit the nail on the head. If someone on the bench was a viable option offensively other than Broome he may already have been in the line up.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #158
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There will be zero big men in the post next year with any offensive ability to score more than one or two buckets per game unless Mick lands a recruit this spring who can come in and start. There is no one on our current roster. Considering there are two SR big men leaving, tons of minutes available, and our program is winning, we need a big with an offensive skill set. Brooks is abysmal. Just shocked that we currently have players that are projects at best for those positions.
Brooks will be in there to get put back’s and rebounds the other four on the court will be there to score
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:58 AM   #159
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Who is Ronald Allen?
Eric Hicks' favorite player of all-time.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:58 AM   #160
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Calm your tits.

Going with a 1 big lineup, Brooks and Ellie will work well. We don't want the 1 big taking 3s like Clark/Washington. We want them getting offensive boards and dishing out/dunking.

It will be interesting how Tre Scott fits on this team next year.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote