Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #231
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogsack View Post
We will beat up on WSU. I have to believe that Mick has decided that Cane is the PG. Not sure if he was trying to follow Huggs' model with Van Exel in 91. If so, he just waited a little too long. I'm excited if this is the route he chooses to pursue. However......if he chooses the alternative approach with JJ.......well then.....It's time for a serious look at replacing Mick altogether.
Mick isn't going anywhere regardless. Mick has managed to keep us competitive in College basketball with the playing field continuing on a path that is far from equal. There may be 2 or 3 other programs that can say that. Because he isn't playing Cane over JJ in a season when he will make the dance for the 8th straight year, win at least a share of the conference title with a shot at the league tourney and a high seed in the Dance is not going to happen. If this administration was to terminate him with what he accomplishes they would be the laughing stock of College athletics. I would also cease to purchase tickets or follow the team.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #232
Hogsack

Hogsack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Mick isn't going anywhere regardless. Mick has managed to keep us competitive in College basketball with the playing field continuing on a path that is far from equal. There may be 2 or 3 other programs that can say that. Because he isn't playing Cane over JJ in a season when he will make the dance for the 8th straight year, win at least a share of the conference title with a shot at the league tourney and a high seed in the Dance is not going to happen. If this administration was to terminate him with what he accomplishes they would be the laughing stock of College athletics. I would also cease to purchase tickets or follow the team.
Yeah, you're right. The separation in college basketball is far from fair these days. It's very difficult for a program like ours to compete with the powerhouse teams like Xavier (whose budget is lower than ours). Maybe if we manage to actually win a league title for the first time in 10 years it will open the flood gates for some blue chip recruiting. I highly doubt Cronin would leave UC, outside of his own doing. But you people that threaten to stop following the team and throw your fan loyalty in the garbage because of Mick Cronin absolutely mind boggle me.
Hogsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #233
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

While it may be painful for many to face league affiliation has put X in a better position then us. At this time they are the better program. Oh and my fan loyalty has little to do with mick loyalty. It has everything to do with a administration that would fire a guy with his results while operating in this environment. This administration dropped the ball once when we have been left out of conference realignment not to mention TT and how they handled Huggins termination. Firing Mick with his performance would be the final straw for me.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #234
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While it may be painful for many to face league affiliation has put X in a better position then us. At this time they are the better program.
better at having their players get caught by the fbi for taking payments while still playing.

im going to enjoy this until we get caught too
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #235
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
better at having their players get caught by the fbi for taking payments while still playing.

im going to enjoy this until we get caught too
I’m good with that but our recruiting leads me to. Elieve we are not paying people.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #236
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
While it may be painful for many to face league affiliation has put X in a better position then us. At this time they are the better program. Oh and my fan loyalty has little to do with mick loyalty. It has everything to do with a administration that would fire a guy with his results while operating in this environment. This administration dropped the ball once when we have been left out of conference realignment not to mention TT and how they handled Huggins termination. Firing Mick with his performance would be the final straw for me.
What’s the point where making the tournament isn’t enough? What point do you need to see them win something? Asking your opinion. Everyone seems to be different with this.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #237
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
We are #11 in the country and people are still talking about getting rid of mick.... smh
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #238
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
We are #11 in the country and people are still talking about getting rid of mick.... smh
There is probably less than 5 people on here saying get rid of mick. Relax.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #239
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
What’s the point where making the tournament isn’t enough? What point do you need to see them win something? Asking your opinion. Everyone seems to be different with this.
Winning the tournament is the cherry on the Sunday for me. I want student athletes first and foremost. I want a competitive team. Using those as my wants I’m very satisfied with our team and coach. Of course this doesn’t mean I don’t want to win every game. I do but that isn’t practical. Especially in today’s game.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #240
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Mick isn’t going anywhere brother.