Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-23-2018, 12:05 PM   #251
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Differs with each team I think. Early exits are easier to deal with if they don’t happen every year.

i was talking to my buddy the other day about how the tournament was more enjoyable overall the years we were rebuilding because you didn't have that incredible pain and going out early. you could just enjoy each game for what it was.

but those years the tournament was the only enjoyable thing about college basketball. you didn't have the 4 months leading up to march with a couple games a week you looked forward to.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #252
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i was talking to my buddy the other day about how the tournament was more enjoyable overall the years we were rebuilding because you didn't have that incredible pain and going out early. you could just enjoy each game for what it was.

but those years the tournament was the only enjoyable thing about college basketball. you didn't have the 4 months leading up to march with a couple games a week you looked forward to.
I enjoy most of the games. I think most do. Except when we play the terrible teams. Those aren’t fun. I am just saying, people have different expectations or things they would consider success. Some it is graduation rates, (maybe just 1 guy this is the case, for some it is regular season games, and for some it’s actually winning something. I don’t think any is wrong. See a lot of people on here getting on others because they want to make a run or want more. Just saying I think that is ok

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-23-2018 at 12:16 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #253
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I enjoy most of the games. I think most do. Expect when we play the terrible teams. Those aren’t fun. I am just saying, people have different expectations or things they would consider success. Some it is graduation rates, (maybe just 1 guy this is the case, for some it is regular season games, and for some it’s actually winning something. I don’t think any is wrong. See a lot of people on here getting on others because they want to make a run or want more. Just saying I think that is ok
and it is ok. im one of the guys that has been upset a few times cause i think we have all the tools on this team but we haven't lined them all up yet. ive been nervous about it since the season started.

i want a deep tournament run and its hard to see it coming in the future if it doesn't happen this year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:26 PM   #254
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I'll be making the trip to Cincy this weekend to visit the family and attend my only Bearcats game of the season on Sunday. So I won't be providing my typical updates. I'm not sure anyone would notice with how off topic this thread has become though.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #255
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don’t think we face these challenges in our league. I think that is some what of an excuse.
Cincy the data has been posted on this site often. League affiliation is a huge obstacle. The announcers were also referencing this last night in the telecast. They were discussing the recruiting foot prints of P-5 colleges and how it impacts other conferences.

Be that as it may your entitled to your opinion.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #256
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Cincy the data has been posted on this site often. League affiliation is a huge obstacle. The announcers were also referencing this last night in the telecast. They were discussing the recruiting foot prints of P-5 colleges and how it impacts other conferences.

Be that as it may your entitled to your opinion.
OUR LEAGUE
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #257
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
OUR LEAGUE
They were discussing OUR LEAGUE. Using UCONN as a example of how their recruiting has fallen off and why.

They were discussing how the best players on the east coast were not attracted to the AAC when it can play in the big East and Big Ten.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 02-23-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #258
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I'll be making the trip to Cincy this weekend to visit the family and attend my only Bearcats game of the season on Sunday. So I won't be providing my typical updates. I'm not sure anyone would notice with how off topic this thread has become though.
Lol we'll notice.

Enjoy the weekend!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:11 PM   #259
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

This is my last post on this subject.

My frustration is not with the Coach who is making the best out of a S##t sandwich, as much as the administration that allowed this to happen. We had a path out of the mess and missed the opportunity. Our administration misread this situation and its why we are on the outside looking in. We have been designated second class by the P-5 conferences and networks. Apparel companies, agents and potential recruits understand this. To get the results Coach gets with the hills he has to climb in my opinion is incredible.

I guess it won't be proven until we don't have him on the sideline and someone else tries to surpass his results. As someone who remembers the Yates years I hope it turns out better if that day come to pass.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #260
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Safe travels and you and the family have a great time.