Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
FULL 2017-18 SCHEDULE

@GoBearcatsMBB
Here it is, the 2017-2018 #Bearcats schedule!

📝: https://t.co/w4ZCgU3RxQ https://t.co/gW8XpOcGK0
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@GoBearcatsMBB
Here it is, the 2017-2018 #Bearcats schedule!

📝: https://t.co/w4ZCgU3RxQ https://t.co/gW8XpOcGK0
Dreadful and hugely disapointing.

This will hurt UC in seeding. 5+ Kenpom 300+ teams on the schedule. Its going to put our KP NCSOS in the 200's easily
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

This will hurt UC in seeding. 5+ Kenpom 300+ teams on the schedule. Its going to put our KP NCSOS in the 200's easily
Meh. I feel like we'll have a ton of Top 50 games. Last year, that's what everyone said the committee cares about. Why not this year? And if we're beating the tar out of bad teams, is that really gonna hurt us that much?
Old 09-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Non conference games against Florida, Miss State, Iowa (potentially), Xavier and UCLA isn't good enough? You also have to expect our conference will be better than last season. Add in the addition of Wichita State and (2) games against them and this schedule is pretty solid.

Not sure what else you'd be looking for from a member of the AAC. This schedule is much better schedule on paper than last season, and you have to expect our conference will be better than last season
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
justinhub2003
Epic Member

They will look at the team sheets and the non conference sos will be really week.

I went back and looked all the back to 2010, since then we’ve never played 5 300+ kenpom teams in our non conference. Max is 4

Our sos rank was 167 in non con last year, and that was with zero 300+ Games

I’m not looking for more high major games. I’m looking for better buy games.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
They will look at the team sheets and the non conference sos will be really week.

I went back and looked all the back to 2010, since then we’ve never played 5 300+ kenpom teams in our non conference. Max is 4

Our sos rank was 167 in non con last year, and that was with zero 300+ Games

I’m not looking for more high major games. I’m looking for better buy games.
Why aren't you looking for more high major games? I don't get that. I want us to play the very best teams possible in the regular season so we know what's required to advance in March. Harder to get a taste of that when you just pound teams that are clearly inferior. Plus, that just seems like a recipe for racking up some bad losses. On paper, it looks like we won't be hurt much if at all by non-con losses. And doesn't playing a bunch of Top 50 games cancel out the lower tier games we play and even things out for SOS?

Idk. I'll take more high profile games. Seems to me like it's a better way to establish yourself nationally. And it makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience as a fan imo.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #7
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

So if we had a chance to take out the 5 worst teams we play, along with the 5 best teams...and we swapped them out for 10 games vs KenPom 150-200ish teams, people would be happy about that?

If this truly leads to a better non-con SOS, then the system is broken. Because we're putting ourselves in the line of fire this year by taking on harder teams. No doubt in my mind we'd have a better record if we slightly upped the buy games, but stopped looking for high major games.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 09-15-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #8
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I agree with Jake. I'm pumped for this schedule. This is great. I don't care about KenPom rankings. Beating top teams will give you a better chance at getting a higher seed in the tourney.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #9
justinhub2003
Epic Member

No. 5 300+ Games means youd need every other game in your non conference to be top 30.

I don’t think you guys understand how bad 5 300+ Games can kill your sos
Old 09-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #10
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I get it but I don't care about OOC SOS. As long as UC takes care of business no issues. Much more important to see top wins than OOC SOS.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote